Another BA enhancement…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 182 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

Just completed an online airline survey asking me about my BA travel experiences and focusing on opinions of buy-on-board food. Should I read anything into this? Is this in order to decide what to do with service on Aer Lingus after an IAG takeover? Or does it reflect plans for BA shorthaul?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Interesting. I would expect it’s to do with whether or not BA follows its rivals later this year with BOB.

IB has had BOB for quite some time already. EI and AY have BOB for those passengers wishing to obtain superior catering.

http://www.aerlingus.com/travelinformation/onboardandarrival/in-flightmealservice/

SurreyTraveller01
    Participant

I really hope that BA will get its act together to really encourage customer loyalty. It costs much more to attract again lost customers to other airlines

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

SureyTraveller01

I completely agree with you – often it’s the little things that count (see below).
    3 weeks ago I flew with USAirways, MAN to PHL in business. Minutes after being seated, the CSD introduced himself to me “Mr Seasoned, I see you are Oneworld Emerald & I just wanted to let you know your business is appreciated & if there is anything you need, reach out to me & I will take care of you”
    The seating, food quality & service were excellent.
    An extremely enjoyable flight with the added touch of “thank you for your business”

In contrast, yesterdays flight from LHR to JFK was with BA (and before anyone jumps in with ‘you have a choice of airlines’ – no I don’t)
    Sitting upstairs on the 747 (because I like the convenience of additional side storage bins) – the CSD was nowhere to be seen during the entire flight (I am GGL with BA)…. Certainly, I didn’t see him upstairs at all.

The food quality was poor. Wet wipes in the loo ran out after the first hour and were not replaced. The flower was absent. Hand towels also ran out & I had to ask for them to be filled up.

Seating was fine & the service from the young female flight attendant was happy & smiley which certainly helped.

For me, it’s the difference in attitude between CSD’s – like night & day – Small things can really make a difference………..

openfly
    Participant

@seasonedtraveller……. “No flower in the loo”….nope, more cutbacks.
    Maybe they have removed them “after customer feedback”!!!

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

@Openfly

Yes, no doubt all those pesky hayfever sufferers who fly with BA lodged too many ‘anti flower’ complaints and of course, BA took notice & removed them 🙂

MrDarwin
    Participant

This seemed to be the best place to share a recent experience with HBO fares.

Buyer beware – 2 pax on a single booking doesn’t guarantee that you’ll both be allocated seats together, and you may have to pay from £10+ per person to change seats once online check in opens.

This was my experience recently. There were plenty of seats available together, including the seat next to one of us. Despite calling BA Customer Disservice, nothing could be done so I just paid the £10. A later call to BA after the flight resulted in the £10 being refunded but that wasn’t the point – I just wanted to know whether this would be a common occurrence, or whether it was just a hiccup – they couldn’t guarantee either way. I’m OWE and other traveller is BA Silver.

Another recent flight, same two travellers but this time on separate bookings. We expected on this occasion that seats wouldn’t be allocated together. We had originally both booked HBO fares but the other traveller decided to later book and pay for a bag. Despite now having a paid bag, the fare remains a hand baggage only fare (go figure) and the £23 to change the seat once online check in opened was still payable.

I’m a fairly frequent traveller and like to think I am reasonably savvy with what’s going on – but these HBO fares have really stumped me the past two trips I’ve had with BA.

lesmclaren
    Participant

I am sure you have joined a very long line with regards to BA, although I am sure they do not care.
    Owing to the change of the Grandfather rights I had no chance of keeping my Gold card so have moved my business to KLM wherever possible and am finding the service in general a whole lot better than BA.

Hermes1964
    Participant

seasonedtraveller
    and there was me thinking they’d installed a handy toothbrush holder…

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I was somewhat taken aback this week to find that a flight in economy from Cancun to Dallas & onto Salt Lake City netted me a whole 10 TP’s… I mean, WTF – I get the same from LBA to LHR – seriously BA, 5 TP’s per sector…..what the……..

openfly
    Participant

@Seasonedtraveller Same here. One of my rare flights in Y. Return flight from CPT to DUR on the same booking, 5 tier points one way and 10 back!! “After customer feedback we have decided to reduce the Avios…..”!!!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ openfly – 24/10/2015 06:33 BST

“After customer feedback we have decided to reduce the tier points…..”!!!

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

After customer feedback, we have decided to introduce some negative ‘enhancements’ to piss off as many loyal customers as possible……

GoonerLondon
    Participant

Actually if you are a loyal customer (Ie gold or Silver) you still get quite a slug of Avios thanks to your Tier bonus. Its the TPs that you don’t get.

SimonS1
    Participant

Good idea if BA decides to focus on people flying in premium cabins.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 182 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls