Another BA enhancement…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 182 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

All I can say is the business class product from Dublin – Philadelphia was superb and certainly on par with the latest CX offering..

I have not flown AA from Heathrow on their 777.. in business

IanFromHKG
    Participant

The new AA product is on par with the CX offering largely because they copied it. I have seen several iterations of the Cirrus seat (in fact the first ever user, I believe, was US Airways), but there are so many things CX introduced in their version that also appear on the AA version that I was rather surprised CX hadn’t made the manufacturer make them exclusive. About the only differences I noticed were AA having air vents, their “signature” Bose QC15 headphones, different fabrics, and not having the flip-up side cushion.

I have flown the AA B777 transatlantic. You can read my review at http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/american-airlines/b777-300er-22#sreviews

lesmclaren
    Participant

@surreyTraveller01 and many others
    Just FYI, I sent a letter addressed to Mr van der Post in February which I mentioned previously in tis forum. Several people in this forum were kind enough to inform me that he left BA earlier this year however it seems no one has yet informed the staff of BA as below is the reply I received middle March [some 2 weeks after I sent the letter].
    Suffice it to say that no one from BA ” has yet been able” to reply – now some 4 weeks after I wrote!!
    Seems that after 23 years of loyalty through all the many changes at BA, mostly at Gold, rest at silver this is all you can expect!!

Dear Mr McLaren

Frank van der Post has asked me to thank you for your letter of 07 March 2015. He has asked his Customer Relations team to reply on his behalf.

Please be assured, one of the team will be in touch as soon as they are able to.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Best regards

Trupti Morya
    British Airways Customer Relations

MrMichael
    Participant

I guess Mr Van de Posts last instruction before leaving was that customer relations should respond to any correspondence for him with immediate effect. Or BA have lost the plot.

lesmclaren
    Participant

Mr Michael:
    Regrettably all the indications point to the latter being the case.

A personally addressed letter sent to the BA HQ and not even acknowledged for over two weeks is hardly “an immediate response”.

If Mr v d P did leave such instructions then it would seem that BA ignored even him!

Tim2soza
    Participant

Just returned from Lyon. No fast track security, no lounge. Avis (BA car rental partner) doesn’t open until 25 mins after the first BA flight out on Sundays.

A319 with new enhanced Club seats, with precisely zero seats occupied.

//

To BA’s credit, reasonable food in economy and bags on belt by the time I got there. Plane was spotless too and cabin crew a delight.

HarryMonk
    Participant

I have just been checking prices on BA.com for a flights from Sweden to London. Can someone tell me if this is an enhancement or if I just haven’t noticed before but when looking at the itemised “Taxes and Surcharges” there is a “BA.com booking fee”
    So now, reduced Avios, no advance seat selection and a booking fee. Is there anything left to enhance?

ImissConcorde
    Participant

B.A. has had a booking fee for quite some time. It is not charged in all market places and the level of fee can also vary.

openfly
    Participant

But no booking fee if you are Gold.

lesmclaren
    Participant

Openfly – OMG bet BA had not noticed that Gold members were not charged a booking fee – No doubt this will be the next “Enhancement”!!!!

Gold-2K
    Participant

So in the interest of balance, a real enhancement. I flew in to Dubai a couple of weeks ago and I was told on landing that someone was waiting on the air bridge for me, driven on a golf buggy to immigration and then ushered through many hundreds of weary travellers (wait time looked around 90 mins) and processed immediately. Plane exit to taxi approx 15 minutes. On the return leg same thing happened from check-in to the lounge. Admittedly I was in first, (although big discounted ticket) but only 2 of us seemed to have been offered this service. So not sure if it was my GGL status that made the difference or the fact I am at 3,500 points at 3 months in to my membership year, but the first time this has happened and very much appreciated. Nice enhancement!

esselle
    Participant

Gold 2K

This has been part of the set up offered to BAEC Gold F pax at DXB for years. It also includes super fast baggage delivery, normally waiting for you in a special area by the time you get to it.

No clue as to why they do this in DXB but, based on my experience at least, nowhere else.

Stowage222
    Participant

esselle – Emirates?

esselle
    Participant

Stowage 222

I was referring to BA, as that was the point of Gold 2k’s comment.

Stowage222
    Participant

Agreed – I was thinking the BA enhancement was because of DXB being Emirates home base. Apologies for the confusion.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 182 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls