Air France Crash AF447 – Long Hunt for Answers

Back to Forum
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 155 total)

• Pierre
    Participant

Hi Capetonianm,
    Sorry for my poor English.
    If you read a&b you will notice that both can easily combine. As you pretend knowing so well the French (sorry for your misfortune..) you must have met in various cases what may sound a contradiction to many people.
    Canucklad, I meant exactly the same.

By the way, I have no one drop of French blood..

canucklad
    Participant

PA- I’m not a french basher- in actual fact we British could learn a lot from our Gallic neighbours- Not least having the gumption to rebel against taxation etc. I fly AF reasonably regularly and if. It wasn’t for CDG I would rate the o verall experiance as good to excellent! Vive la france

VintageKrug
    Participant

I’d really like to fly AF more; it’s convenient for my current route.

I’m sorry to say I just don’t trust their safety culture, and the aftermath of this incident has done nothing to change that perspective.

RichHI1
    Participant

PA for clarity I do not suggest the French as a nation try to avoid blame, indeed many French citizens have been very critical recently. My comments relate to the BEA, Air France and EADS.

Bucksnet
    Participant

As I said in post 3 of this thread, AF447 was shot down. An expert British intelligence analyst exposes what happened starting at 1:15 in this video: –

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NKh7gRJdGQ

The incident also led to the IY626 ‘crash’ which was reported as happening on landing approach, but took 12 hours to find!

Vertrek
    Participant

I flew AF to SIN in th A380 and just landed waterway in SIN.
    Superb service all the way from LHR, EU Biz food is in adequate portion and of a high quality + very creative – not just an inediable pasta and small steak – crew were really friendly and unpretentious like “we are the best” attitude like BA.

CDG, service there were faultless, T2E had a design that surpassed T5 and easily navigated. Got into the lounge for free despite of flying PE (courtesy of the 3 gentlemen)

A380 was way better than BA aging 747 in all aspect! Crew were very friendly and professional and were there for “safety and comfort” unlike BA “crews here is for your safety”.

My point is, French tend to avoid responsibility, seriously? Have u looked into a mirror recently? And crew is there for safety and comfort, yet BA only say “our crews are there for your safety”. So… Who is trying to avoid responsibility here?

VK? U fly AF now? Wow! What’s next? Indian Ocean Airline?

I am not French at all dob’t even speak a word of it except of the basic. But let’s face it? AF crashed in the past, so did BA? If u want to fly something Safe fly LH, LX, KL, SK, AY, IB, AZ as in the past 10 years they performed better than BA in term of safety record. What makes you people so proud of BA? I am not anti BA, but reading the comment here especially Brits vs France. Too over confident don’t u think?

At Least the AF crew is being honest and not putting on Mask like the BA one who act as if they are the best people of all, one even sued his colleage…

AF safety is fine and CDG is gorgeous. Enough said.

Bucksnet, perhaps the AF447 did get shot down.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Yes it did, which is one reason I have defended AF’s safety record to a certain extent.

Swissdiver
    Participant

So according to the BEA, the crash happened because of the “Flight Director” which is to my understanding the auto-pilot. This would mean Airbus! Wow, I am impressed they dared pointing Airbus. This is probably the first time they do it…

capetonianm
    Participant

It is just protracting the squabbling and finger pointing. You will note that nowhere do AF management admit that their procedures and training may have been inadequate. They are blaming the dead pilots, the aircraft manufacturer, and Thales.

Very French. Should that book by Victor Hugo perhaps have been called ‘Les Detestables?’

Bucksnet
    Participant

Another cover story. AF447 was shot down!

capetonianm
    Participant

Bucksnet : I agree with nearly everything that you write on this forum, but on this I differ completely.

If it had been shot down the French would have been very quick to point fingers at the guilty nation. I have heard no evidence of missile damage and according to nearly everything I’ve read, the aircraft hit the sea intact.

I think that blows your theory out of the air, if you’ll excuse the bad pun.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Capetonianm, thanks but it’s not my theory and the aircraft did not hit the sea intact. I was told by someone who works in intelligence. Also please watch the video I have linked to several posts above.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry Bucksnet, I’m also with Capetonian on this one. I think he’s spouting a lot of nonsense, perhaps proved by his comment that a Submarine has to dump diesel to submerge quickly. Not so at all. In fact in order to submerge they have to use their batteries.

There was no evidence anywhere of missile damage. Not even of fire I believe, so I cannot go along with the missile theory at all.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I believe the full report on the incident is being released today?

Swissdiver
    Participant

My comment was a reaction to press comment on the report’s publication!

Full report is available on http://www.bea.aero/en/enquetes/flight.af.447/flight.af.447.php

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 155 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘Air France Crash AF447 – Long Hunt for Answers’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls