Air France Crash AF447 – Long Hunt for Answers

Back to Forum
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 155 total)

• Anonymous

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

The June 2009 crash – researching the cause.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13145313

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I fear we will only learn the truth about what happened if it can conclusively be shown that it was NOT AF’s or Airbus’s fault but was the fault of a non French entity.

The French are masters at cover-ups and this a reason I resolutely refuse to fly AF.

Bucksnet
    Participant

AF447 was shot down.

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Bucksnet,

that is quite a statement you make. Do you know this for a fact or is it just speculation on your part in the absence of any other explanation so far?

I am really curious to know and more importantly so would all the families of the people who were lost when the plane went down.

Pleaseelaborate or withdraw the assertion in the absence of any proof that what you aledge is true.

Happy Easter and safe travels to you all.

Jonathan

conair346
    Participant

Bucksnet,

Interesting take on the subject, but total cobblers. If it was shot down, it would have been found earlier and a coverup made. All governments share information and when they shoot something down there will be implications. A military bomber doesnt just set off a missile without someone noticing.

The aircraft suffered some catastrophic failure, which according to some of the leading academics – who are my lecturers, suggest it was a fault with the pitot tubes or ADIRU; which has been the cause of a number of incidents in Airbus 330/340 aircraft.

Accidents happen all the time and for the pilots of this aircraft their first priority over an open ocean with little traffic is to fix the aircraft – if they realised they were experiencing a fault. The ADIRU could have forced the plane to pitch down wildly which may have been unrecoverable and the pilots spent their time trying to stay alive rather than make a mayday call.

Potakas
    Participant

Guys ,

Before going to that speculation please remember TWA800. Everyone was saying that it was a bomb but eventually wasn’t (or they covered it 😉 )
    BTW this one was going also to CDG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWA_Flight_800

pomerol
    Participant

Bucksnet

Conair346 is spot on, their have been numerous incidents involving the A330/340 pitot tubes, resulting I think with them all having to be changed, with a modified version.

Having now discovered the wreckage site, we can now hope that they are able to recover the FDR & VCR recorders, which would hopefully solve the mystery, but given the depth that they are at, and the lack of any signals, this is not going to be easy.

One other point to bear in mind, their were severe storms in the area.

stevescoots
    Participant

need to remember, If a big bird make a sudden uncontrolled dive the aircraft would break up in flight under sheer stress on the AF,

Inquisitive
    Participant

Let’s wait for more investigation by experts. Pitot tube could be the main culprit. There are case histories that an aircraft could roll over from false information if the pilot has taken control due to bad weather. And in that case it could be too late for corrective action. I am sure that pilots were trying their best until last moment.

Bullfrog
    Participant

@LuganoPirate

I read your comment about flying AF & ‘cover up’ with regards to the A330 crash from Rio to Paris.

I do not believe there has been conclusive answers to why the BA 777 ‘belly flopped’ just short of the runway on Jan 17 2008.

Any feedback appreciated.

Potakas
    Participant

Bullfrog here is the National Geographic’s documentary about the BA’s 777 crash landing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcWTEhUJ0yA

pomerol
    Participant

Bullfrog

Here is the AAIB Interim report on the Jan 17th. 2008 accident.

http://www.aaib.gov.uk/cms_resources.cfm?file=/G-YMMM%20Interim%20Report.pdf

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Bullfrog, I believe it was caused by ice crystals in the fuel lines of the 777 which blocked the fuel filter causing the engines to be starved. I think I saw this on Air Crash Investigation.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Thanks for the link.

I did indeed see such findings.

‘Cover up’ is still a possibility, so I will start a new thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 155 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘Air France Crash AF447 – Long Hunt for Answers’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls