25 Things (and Counting) We Hate About Hotels

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

• BeckyBoop
    Participant

Yes the building looks hideous and scary.

BTW buses in the heathrow area are free!

http://www.heathrowairport.com/static/Heathrow/Downloads/PDF/travel_around_Heathrow.pdf

pointyendpreferred
    Participant

149. The bottom of the bed is covered by a valance or bedspread. This disguises the fact that the bottom of the bed is poorly designed and has edges that very efficiently slice your toes as you approach it.

150. A bedside table light that lights up both sides of the bed in a way that you have to contort your body to be able to read yet it manages to keep your partner awake.

DavidRenton
    Participant

151. 1 phone on the desk, which is miles away from the bed.
    152. Staff who say ‘I’ll send someone straight away’, then you are still requesting service an hour later.
    153. Bath towels that are similar to hand towel size.
    154. Reception staff who answer the phone while in the middle of a conversation with you.
    155. Bathrooms which use super energy efficient lighting – ideal when you need to use the facilities overnight.
    156. Only 1 pillow on the bed.
    157. Damp towels (which leaves you wondering all night if they were used ones).
    158. TVs that don’t swivel.
    159. Hotel shuttle timetable that doesn’t reflect current reality.
    160. Staff who say ‘I can only apologise’ – no, you can apologise and resolve my issue!
    161. Reception staff who read out your room number for the entire lobby to hear.
    162. Hotel computer system error which allows different receptionists to check guests into the same room (3 times it’s happened now!).
    163. Booking a non-smoking room and being given a smoking room. When questioning the staff, response is ‘it’s only a request on a booking – not guarantee’.

StewartKidd1
    Participant

164. The £4.50 bottle of water in quite a modest (non chain) hotel.
    165. No tissues (in a 4 star chain hotel)
    166. No face flannel in an ‘executive’ room in a 4 star chain hotel
    167. The complexity of the heating system in the otherwise excellent St Pancras Renaissance

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Fascinating that this got to 167, (despite a few repeats) and I am sure we could add more.

I’ll just underline the exhorbitant charges for the internet one. THis should be a basic and free facility in any business hotel. American hotel chains who think they can use the need for internet access to turn something with near-zero cost into a pile of dollars can just get lost and learn about the 21st century

eastcoaster
    Participant

168. A large panoramic window between the bathroom and the bedroom, even with the blind down could see the person using the bathroom. Take note Sheraton Nah Trang, Vietnam.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls