NB: note the update (December 22, 2021) to this story here
Singapore suspends sale of Vaccinated Travel Lane tickets
…United Airlines will operate nonstop flights from San Francisco to Singapore from January 5, 2022.
Flights from San Francisco will operate four times weekly on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, beginning January 5, 2022.
Flights from Singapore to San Francisco also four times weekly, will operate on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, from January 9, 2022.
USA is under category 2 for entry into Singapore. All travellers entering Singapore under the Vaccinated Traveller Lane (VTL) for category 2 countries must comply with prevailing VTL requirements:
- Present a digital proof of full vaccination that is recognised by the Singapore authorities.
- Prior to entering Singapore, travellers must take a COVID-19 pre-departure test within 2 days before departure and obtain a copy of the negative COVID-19 test report.
- The test, either an Antigen Rapid Test (ART) administered by a trained professional (self-swabs not allowed) OR Polymerase Chain Reaction Test, must be taken at an internationally accredited or recognised lab/clinic/medical facility.
- On-Arrival PCR Test: travellers are required to take this test upon arrival at Changi Airport. They should also register and make payment for their on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test prior to departing for Singapore at https://safetravel.changiairport.com.
- For transits in the United States lasting more than 24 hours, a pre-departure test must be taken within 2 days from the last leg of the journey to Singapore.
More information on the VTL is available here
To read more about the process of applying for a VTL, see
Visiting Singapore with the VTL
The flights are among the longest flown by United, being 13,595km.. To read more,
Ten of the world’s longest flights