Last night, Air India, the national carrier of the country announced that they have opened bookings for those wish to travel from India to Singapore, London and some select cities in the United States.
These flights under India’s massive ‘Vande Bharat Mission’ are being scheduled to facilitate the movement of people stranded in various parts of the world. These flights will be operated between May 8 to May 14.
Air India said, “We would like to inform all those who wish to travel from India to London, Singapore and select destinations in the USA on Air India flights operating between May 8 and May 14 to click on airindia.in/r1landingpage.htm for booking. Passengers are requested to read the eligibility criteria carefully as available on the link and proceed further for booking only if they meet the same.”
A total of 64 flights have been organised for this air travel operation. Air India’s subsidiary Air India Express is also helping to bring people back to India.
Here’s the checklist before you book on these flights:
- Only those people shall be allowed to travel to the destination countries, who are citizens of that country.
- Passengers who hold a visa of at least one-year duration of that country.
- You are allowed only if you have a green card or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card.
- In case of medical emergency or death in the family, Indian nationals holding six-month visas can also be allowed.
- Passengers are responsible for the entire travel cost.
- Passengers need to adhere to all quarantine rules upon their arrivals, and also take care of its expenses.
Earlier Business Traveller India reported regarding the Government of India’s latest announcement to bring stranded nationals back, from May 7 in a phased manner. Also, Indian embassies and High Commissions are playing key roles in helping people who would like to return to their homeland.