Avis is currently offering reduced rates for key workers renting vehicles in the UK.
Workers in health and social care, education and childcare, public safety and national security roles can take advantage of rentals starting from £10 per day, for bookings made and completed before the end of May, up a maximum of 27 days.
The £10 daily rate is for a Group B “small car”, an example of which is a Ford Fiesta – customers can also opt for a Group E mid-size car (eg: Peugeot 2008) for £15 per day, or a Group O “people carrier” (eg: Citroen Grand Picasso) for £20 per day.
In addition the firm says that “We’ve also removed the need to worry about any high unexpected charges should any mishaps happen – the theft and damage excess (that’s the amount in any event that the renter remains liable for) has been reduced to a maximum of £100”.
Avis rentals are also available for customers needing to undertake “essential travel”, for example getting to work or supporting family members – a list of rental stations which remain open can be seen here.
According to this NHS page, Hertz had been offering a similar offer of £1 daily rentals for key workers, but the promotional page (hertz.co.uk/rentacar/special-offers/key-worker-offer) says that the offer is no longer valid.
Full terms and conditions for the Avis offer are as follows:
- Book between now and and 31 May 2020 to receive the £10-£20 price-per-day offer
- You must also book the rental car for collection between the dates
- You must present a form of identification at the Avis counter.
- The following Key Workers qualify for this offer: Health and social care workers; Education and childcare workers; and Public safety and national security workers
- No credit card fee
- Free cancellation – Cancel with no charge up to the moment you pick-up
- Available for domestic UK rentals only
- Available online and in all call centres
- Available for rentals of up to 27 days in duration.
- No pick-up day-of-week exclusions
- This offer applies to standard cars in Group B (Small, i.e. Ford Fiesta), E (Mid-size, i.e. Peugeot 2008) or O (People carriers, i.e. Citroen Grand Picasso)
- This offer does not apply to special fleet such as Select Series, Prestige or Vans
- All rentals are subject to insurance excess of £100 only
- All rentals may be subject to additional surcharges for voluntary options (e.g. for special equipment, additional drivers, young drivers, optional insurances, fuel, etc.)
- Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other coupon, promotion, discount or offer
- Renters must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age may vary by location but daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years’ old in some locations
- Offer is non-commissionable
- Offer is subject to availability and subject to change without notice
- Standard Avis Terms and Conditions apply
- This link shows UK rental stations currently in operation