Emirates returning to Edinburgh

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• No Name
    Participant

So seen on another site, apparently Emirates are coming back to Edinburgh. Emirates seem quite pleased with the A350, and I actually prefer this to the B787 that Qatar seem to use. More competition and connections into Edinburgh, although not sure how the airport will handle the increased passenger numbers – it’s already quite a congested place despite recent expansions. Going further east I would still go Qatar over Emirates, or even Finnair, but maybe I can be convinced otherwise.

See more:
    https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-announces-first-9-destinations-to-join-its-a350-network//

2 users thanked author for this post.

TominScotland
    Participant

No Name, I think most of Qatar’s services into Edinburgh are now on their A350. I have not checked all rotations but have flown the route 3 or 4 times this year and it has always been on that aircraft. Just booked again for early next year and it is scheduled as an A350. IMHO, it gives a far superior travel experience compared to the B787.

2 users thanked author for this post.

No Name
    Participant

I must have got unlucky!!! I find it interesting that passenger comfort wise the 787 just feels poor to the A350 and A380. I’m not sure if this is by Boeing’s design, or the layout that airlines choose.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

@No Name

The 787’s Y layout has been discussed on this Forum many times previously.

787 was originally designed for 2-4-2 Y seating but virtually ever opertor went for 3-3-3. JAL is a notable exception for its international flights.

A350 has a slightly wider cabin (allowing 3-3-3 from the start. A380 cabin is wider still.

FDOS
    Participant

I suppose it depends on the class and airline, however in J, I have found the 787 a better experience, it feels less cramped. For example, on the AF 350 version (the original layout) there are only 2 loos for 34 J class and 24 W – that is not enough.

cwoodward
    Participant

I agree FDOS- very much airline dependent and this AF cabin is not a very good example of or a typical A350 offering.
    In fact I have never come across anyone that prefers the B787 to a typical A350 J class cabin –
    The B787 is of course a far cheaper aircraft and overall you get what you pay for.

List price for a B787-8 is US 248M the A350-900 317M Pricing at 2023 – few pay these prices of course but I read that due to huge order backlogs large discounts are generally these days much harder to come by.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls