Which Lounge to use in Hong Kong

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

• Capetown2k
    Participant

thanks ian

i will do as you suggest

happy travels

rferguson
    Participant

first_class_please there is a very recent trip report on another website where ‘flyers like to talk’ that provides plenty of details and pictures of the CX F lounge in HKG including the cabanas. Looks pretty damn impressive! Have a look for the CX F Langkawi/Paris tour – it still features on the home page of said site.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi Ian,

I fully agree with you ….I used to do the same with the F lounge of CX ..have not visited it for quite 3 years now ..shame on me! It s a marvelous place to spend time at …No competitor comes even close !!!!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

KSHaggag, you should go back – in the intervening period it has been completely renovated. The cabanas are bigger than ever, and the restaurant vastly improved (although the acoustics are dreadful), plus they have the Solus chairs and a champagne bar now. Alas, the reading room has gone, though!

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thanks Ian!

Sounds exciting !

Best,

first_class_please
    Participant

In The Wing First Class lounge now. Very nice and quiet. The opaque balcony partition is a little high to be able to see the apron and aircraft (that’s scraping for a negative!)

Have not been in here before, usually The Pier, which I will visit next week to compare.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

First_class_please – unless you are desperate to use the daybreak rooms, I recommend you skip The Pier. It is very ordinary compared to The Wing

KSHaggag
    Participant

The Wing has always been a treat ….

Capetown2k
    Participant

i am traveling BA in first and am a BA gold card holder

my friend in in CW and silver

will i be able to get him in the wing as a guest

thanks in advance

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Yes, Capetown2k, you will be able to take him in. In fact you are doubly entitled – you are entitled to a guest because you are an emerald oneworld member, and you are also entitled to a guest because you are travelling first class (in both cases the guest must also be on a oneworld marketed and operated flight but as you say he is in CW that shouldn’t be a problem – unless some other airline marketed the ticket, eg if it is a codeshare ticket). I suspect these entitlements aren’t cumulative (i.e. I suspect you can’t take in two guests) but one way or another you are definitely entitled to take him in

In the case of any dispute (which I consider highly unlikely), CX lounges all have a little “lounge access” guide on the reception desk and you should quickly be able to demonstrate your entitlement using that. I would be inclined to rely on the oneworld emerald entitlement rather than the travel class entitlement, though

Capetown2k
    Participant

thanks ian

i will do a trip report when back

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls