Which Lounge to use in Hong Kong

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

• Anonymous

first_class_please
    Participant

I haven`t been through HKG for a good few years now and wonder which lounge is the best to use.

I will be travelling Cathay HKG – Sydney, which is J class (no F cabin) and i hold BA Gold card.

Dilema is do i use one of the Cathay Lounges or the BA / Qantas First class lounge?

is one better than the other?

Thanks !

peter283abraham
    Participant

Scotnel
    Participant

No contest, as a BA Gold you can access the Cathay Pacific first class lounges either at the Pier or the Wing – both in a totally different league from the BA Quantas lounge – I do this every two weeks on average and it’s the only way to go, top class wine, reasonable food and great showers / laundry facilities.

stevescoots
    Participant

I agree, use the Cathay lounge

ivornomates
    Participant

CX lounge far out guns BA lounge. Dont forget the cabanna is there as well, superb to have a nice soak in the bath after dinner then jump on board and go to sleep. I always dine before I fly and it really helps sleeping.

first_class_please
    Participant

Thanks for this, CX lounge it will be.

I was a little worried that it may be over run with many people wanting to use it.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Use the CX lounge, in my experience it is never anywhere near as crowded as the BA/Qantas lounge. As a BA Gold member you should get the use of the First Class lounge. Since you are on CX you will be on the “lefthand side” of the airport. If you are leaving from gates 1-32 use The Wing – as soon as you leave the security/immigration area turn left along the wall adn there is a walkway straight into the lounge. If you are leaving from gates 33-80 then go to The Pier which is near gate 61 or 62 (the far end of the airport). The Wing has the cabanas (private bathrooms), The Pier has daybreak rooms which are private sitting rooms with their own TV, music on demand, and a natty little touchscreen from which you can call for more drinks. I haven’t tried The Cabin which is halfway along but that is combined business/first so you will effectively only get business class facilities.

If you are on the morning flight, you may like to know (little-known fact) that you can order a proper breakfast (eggs and bacon for example) from the waiters rather than just make do with what is on display

KSHaggag
    Participant

Both CX lounges in HK provide an enchanting experience !!!!!!!!!!!!………………..lounges to fly for !…
    Enjoy it!

kin3kin
    Participant

i am travelling with ba first class from hong kong /london,anyone know if i can use cx lounges in hong kong as i heard cx first lounge in hk is better

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Only if you have Emerald status in oneworld, kin3kin

Travellator
    Participant

BurgerKing better than BA/Qantas F lounge !

NTarrant
    Participant

BA/QF F lounge is fine, how you can compare Burger King is a bit daft. Last I was there (February) it was very good

Travellator
    Participant

Was somewhat tongue in cheek but it doesnt weigh up to any of the BA Gallery type lounges, the selection of food is pretty dismal, albeit BA flights dont leave until 11.15 and 11.45 repectively and they are probably thinking about closing.

NTarrant
    Participant

Yes, I would agree it is not to the standard of BA Gallery lounge, but it is a vast improvement on what was there before. When I went through in February it was virtually empty, but the new seats etc are very good.

Selection of food is a bit limited I would agree. But still a good lounge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls