Which Lounge to use in Hong Kong

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

• Travellator
    Participant

It used to be shared Club/First now just F so more space and I quite like the open aspect. Have used the new CX lounge when in Club and find it slightly dark. When youve used Concorde Lounge a few times nothing compares and makes you super critical.

NTarrant
    Participant

It is a vast improvement to the old Club/First lounge which was packed with people and difficult to find a seat. Any of the BA lounges at T5, Concorde, F or B gate are hard acts to follow, they raise the bar and show up the naff ones.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Well, now at the Cathay First Lounge (Wing) in HKIA. Still the old same lounge… Nothing impressive… OK, if you are hungry, they serve real food contrarily to the BA/QF lounge. And service is better (we are actually surrounded by waiters…). Now when you fly BA, the question is whether it is worth walking for about 15 minutes (back and forth) to get here. Unless you want to eat, not sure… Here more over, BA flights are not called…

Swissdiver
    Participant

OK, Guys, did some homework for you :-). It seems CX First lounge will be refurbished by March 2012 as they now work on their Business Class one. During the work, expect more people in the BA/QF First lounge as this is where CX will send its First passengers. Once done, the BA/QF First lounge will go under complete refurbishment (so not only the carpets and the seats as they did a couple of years ago)… So soon we should have decent First Lounge at HKIA. Well at least there is hope…
    P.S.: Back in the BA/QF lounge. After all, their canapés are not bad… 🙂 And I am considering seriously a Haagen Dazs Ice cream!

flyoung
    Participant

I like the CX Wing 1st class lounge for the food and cabanas, but find the computer access and speed better in the BA 1st lounge.

Gold-2K
    Participant

with the changes to BA exec club Ts&Cs, even as a Gold Card Holder you can only use BA lounge if you are on BA or a code share. So if you have a CX ticket you wont have the option to use BA / Qantas lounge even if you have a BA Gold Card …….. or am I missing something?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Gold-2K, BA Exec Club Gold members have Emerald status in oneworld. which entitles them to use the First Class lounge of any oneworld member airline provided they are on a oneworld flight (http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/lounge-access#Access-for-Top-Tier-members). As CX is oneworld, a BA Gold member travelling on a CX flight can use the BA First lounge (but not the Concorde Room) – or that of any other oneworld airline.

Personally I “lounge-shop” all the time. I am not in the BAEC, but am CX Diamond (also oneworld Emerald) so when returning from London on CX (my usual choice, as although some don’t like them – for reasons I understand but disagree with – I prefer the seats, and the IFE and service on CX are vastly superior) I use the BA First lounge in Terminal 3 because I prefer it to the CX lounge. I use the AA lounge in Tokyo, the Qantas lounge in Sydney and so on

Happy lounging!

RichardBarr
    Participant

I just flew BA out of HKG last week. I used the BA/QF first class lounge and was thinking that it was nice but nowhere as nice as Cathay Pacific’s lounges. Cathay’s lounges in HKG are among the best I’ve ever seen.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi RichardBarr !

I do agree with you FULLY !!!!…

Cheers !

Capetown2k
    Participant

i am flying out of hk later this month on BA26 in F leaves 11.15pm i think

is the CX lounge near the BA gate or would i use the BA lounge

which would you recommend

also what meal service would I get on the plane

thanks in advance

pdtraveller
    Participant

CX by a country mile….probably one of the best lunges in the world.

BA 26 & 28 both offer full meal service and also a faster light meal. In my experience the number of F passengers who bed down immediately can be around a half with others trying to get acclimatised to UK time by staying up.

Have done this run more often than I wish to remember and now hate the overnight flights. I really miss BA 26 with its 9am departure. Now I use CX or as my next trip will be leave from NRT.

ICN BJS and PVG are also day time services and I can’t understand the lack of choice ex HKG.

pdtraveller
    Participant

CX by a country mile….probably one of the best lunges in the world.

BA 26 & 28 both offer full meal service and also a faster light meal. In my experience the number of F passengers who bed down immediately can be around a half with others trying to get acclimatised to UK time by staying up.

Have done this run more often than I wish to remember and now hate the overnight flights. I really miss BA 26 with its 9am departure. Now I use CX or as my next trip will be leave from NRT.

ICN BJS and PVG are also day time services and I can’t understand the lack of choice ex HKG.

KSHaggag
    Participant

CX lounges in HKG are my favorite in Asia …head and shoulders above the rest …..sorry ,SQ ! You need to reshuffle yours …

Capetown2k
    Participant

thanks for your advice

my thoughts are to go to lounge eat lightly then eat on plane and try to adjust to uk time

is the cx lounge location ok for the BA gates

thanks again

IanFromHKG
    Participant

CX lounge is about 10-15 minutes’ walk from the BA gates, so really not an issue, although you effectively do the journey twice: as you enter the building, BA’s check-in desks are far right, as are the BA gates, but the CX lounge is far left

I recommend you traverse the check-in hall after checking in and use the security/immigration near the CX check-in desks. As you exit immigration turn left, staying on the same level, and the CX lounge is 20 seconds’ walk away

As for food, the CX lounge restaurant (far left of the lounge) is superb, with an excellent buffet and carvery, plus an a la carte menu (usually with matched wines). Catering is by the Peninsula. I often go there early just for the dining! The cabanas are also superb – put your name down. If there isn’t one free immediately, they will give you a buzzer to let you know when one comes free. The baths are glorious

Enjoy!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls