Which Cathay lounge at HK?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Well worth it John..

One observation which I have emailed the lounge manager about is the wine is served in tumblers and not wine glasses.. In HKG wine glasses are used..

This observation will not cause me to swop airlines though :))

NTarrant
    Participant

Martyn, I would second John’s thanks. I’ve not even been to BKK but it is always useful to know.

In all my visits and transits throug HKG I have yet to try the Bridge.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Martyn, were they Reidel tumblers? CX used those in J long-haul (I am using past tense since I haven’t flown them LH for a long long time), and I have to say I loved them. I even have a couple at home 🙂

MartynSinclair
    Participant

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Martyn and Ian, if it’s any consolation, the bubbles were very definitely (and correctly) served in tall flutes.

All-in-all, but that everywhere was as agreeably comfortable and tasteful as the CX lounge in BKK…

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Martyn, you’re old-fashioned!!

I really like the tumblers onboard – they are stable, and a lot larger than stemmed wineglasses (hehehe).

However, I understand that they might be disappointing in the lounge. I trust, however, that the taste was up to expectations.

I have been to a few glass-tasting dinners – not wine-tasting, glass-tasting. The model is that you get half a dozen or so different glasses, have wine poured into the first glass, then a connoisseur talks you through the whole “hint of cabbage with an aroma of cut grass ” blah-di-blah, then you pour what is left into the next glass and taste it again, and repeat this for several glasses. Same wine, different glasses – and it really DOES make a difference. So much so that we only use Riedel glasses at home.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Ian.. I guess after 7 glasses of anything half decent,” it really DOES make a difference”..

Next time I am in T5, I will line up 7 different glass styles and run the experiment…. 🙂

IanFromHKG
    Participant

🙂

I’m not sure if it works so well with Scotch… LOL

JohnHarper
    Participant

Martyn,

Apologies, I’ve been meaning to say for a couple of weeks that I visited the CX lounge in BKK and found it very good, in fact for an outstation covering short haul services to only two destinations it is excellent.

When I first arrived it was busy but cleared within minutes as BA boarded for LHR. It then took on a very peaceful air and there was plenty of space during the remainder of my visit.

I enjoyed a late breakfast of an excellent choice of dim sum and a couple of cups of coffee.

The staff were as ever with CX staff extremely helpful and friendly and dealt with a couple of small issues for me with a smile and wanted then to know if they could do anything else.

Certainly it beats the TG C lounges, is equal to the SQ C lounge and I’ve always regarded that of the best of the C lounges here. Of course a QR lounge is coming but I think it may not be as premium as the one at LHR but it will still be very good.

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls