Which Airlines & how many flights have you made in 2013?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • @Flying Nurse

Why don’t you start a new thread which will inspire all of us?

MarcusUK
    Participant

Many research Companies survey frequent travellers, to see or often a BT forum thread is started end of each year to see changing loyalty, to hotels Airlines etc.It drives marketing FFP’s and is much sort after across Airlines rather than reserach made within or by one.

In that way, and for interested and regular, levelled, non offensive, mature contributors unlike “The flying Nurse”, it is reflected in many topics over many years on BT. Articles in the Magazine must be rubbished by this also…?

As for flying BA and my BA Club world meal, I have not flown BA in at least 15 years long haul. Wrong person…

Facts wrong, out of touch, and rather ranting, and inane.
    You act more like a Flying Nerd!
    Shame we find another Bitchy, pointless “contributor”!

conshaldow
    Participant

Personally i’ve enjoyed reading each individual travellers’ arrangements in 2013. Great to see the wide range of airlines and also which areas in the world are well travelled.

I also took note of how LCCs were doing against the flagship carriers. Again I thought this was interesting.

I didn’t find them boring, uninspiring and useless… but if finding enjoyment in this thread makes me boring and uninspired then so be it! Please carry on everyone… believe me when i say your posts are not wasted on everyone.

The_Flying_Nurse
    Participant

@MarcusUK, I must have confused you with another poster who had a strikingly similar user name but deleted his profile some time ago. Like you, his posts were similarly dreary and as dull as dishwater. FYI you should have used “sought after” rather than “sort after” in your post. Tut tut. I realise many companies survey frequent travellers but I don’t imagine you are qualified to do so. More a case here of posting for the sake of it and liking the sound of your own (dull) voice.

trident3
    Participant

‘Nurse’, you seem to be a minority of one here.
    Heed the Hippocratic Oath, ‘First, do no harm’,
    …then STFU !

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Trident3

A definite +1 here. Even +10 if that makes sense?

Marcus, whether TFN is confusing you with someone or not I find this a great thread. Fascinating to see how others travel and even though Senator with Star many of the posters make my travels seem quite insignificant.

I’m not one given to new year resolutions, but in my big “0” year I think more travel is on the agenda. I’ve travelled the world but seen so little of it!!!

MarcusUK
    Participant

HI LP.
    Thanks, it certainly has been interesting and good of others to share their flight numbers, and who they fly with. So many have contributed also. It is fascinating how many trips some make and the mix of Airlines. Some of us spend much time travelling and away on different Airlines, but others far far more!

Much like the BT surveys each year we get asked to fill in, and the award nominations, these surveys are carefully constructed and always sought after by the Airlines and Industry.

For TFN’s benefit…
    I also sit on a Frequent Flyer KLM Advisory group, as a shareholder a Gold flyer with AF/ KLM.

Last year I was awarded £250 of Premium Business Luggage as a prize for best flight reviews in one month on Seatplans / BT, which was terrific, and compliments from the BT team on those reviews.

I have travelled on 65 Airlines worldwide and have done for 20 yrs, to over 50 Countries. I make roughly 60 Flights a year. I have lived in several countries, and worked in many more all over the world.

Oh and on Qualifications, if you appear to be “a Nurse”, you know the NMC & legal restrictions on using that Professional title on forums such as this in fact anywhere, and in conducting yourself in such a manner with, such language.
    I sit and hear these misconducts when I Chair the NMC Professional Misconduct panels. Sounds like you need to be referred to one?

(Nurses do not take the Hippocratic Oath, but their licence is determined by a Professional Licensing Body. They are expected and it is a legal requirement, when using the term “Nurse” appropriately, and behave in a manner conducive to the profession. TFN clearly has none of these capabilities, or qualities.)

And, I am an Executive Director of Nursing, and became a Director at the age of 26 in Australia, so I am certainly qualified in that sense too. It seems you claim to operate at a much lower level of expectation…and certainly your behaviour indicates it.

I also find the time to be a Magistrate, and Chair two Charity Boards of Trustees.
    Opportunities offered to me for my opinion, are far from you to judge!

I am invited to give my views, and see them as responsibilities, and am recognised for them. Just as i am happy to generate new topics on here, and contribute to many others threads on BT, on many issues that BT forum regulars generate through their travels.

And, I will continue to do so!

Again, thanks for the contributions and showing the amazing travels on the topic, from so many of you all over the world.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi Marcus
    Personally, I’m glad you started the thread.

It first of all reminded me how lucky I am to have a job that allows me to meet so many fantastic people and visit so many lovely places. Albeit, within the British Isles.

It also reminded me that although my eyes sometimes go green with envy, in particular Tom’s Burmese adventures, my quality of life has improved with my reduction in travel.

It became tiresome, having a car pick me up to whisk me away from my family and friends on a weekly basis.

For those BTer’s who still fly more than a Canada Goose, safe travels in 2014.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi Marcus
    Personally, I’m glad you started the thread.

It first of all reminded me how lucky I am to have a job that allows me to meet so many fantastic people and visit so many lovely places. Albeit, within the British Isles.

It also reminded me that although my eyes sometimes go green with envy, in particular Tom’s Burmese adventures, my quality of life has improved with my reduction in travel.

It became tiresome, having a car pick me up to whisk me away from my family and friends on a weekly basis.

For those BTer’s who still fly more than a Canada Goose, safe travels in 2014.

MarcusUK
    Participant

Hi CL.
    Thanks for your comment.

I also think it is a great privilage to fly around the world. It is a complex matter these days to get the good fare, from the Airline right for you, and keep your memberships of FFP’s.
    I am amazed at the feedback from here, on the numbers of flights as well as broad spectrum of Airlines used, Even BT research us to see which flights we take each year in their surveys, so commercially valuable information.
    But at least to read if for all the constructive efforts made by the BT forum members, makes interesting comparisons for us all.

ChrisJR
    Participant

More travel (virtually all work) this year than any other, total 34 weeks overseas from my UK home base.

1. BA more than anyone else. Also, LH, TK, TG, QR, Arik, OS, Vietnam, Swiss, Air Somon, Flybe
    2. Above is the same as usual, except QR which I will fly more now it’s in OW
    3. 19 trips (some more than one destination) – 4 short, 8 medium and 7 long haul. Total of 68 sectors flown.

Anticipating a similarly busy year for 2014, much to the wife’s annoyance…!

flyingcanadian
    Participant

Hi Lugano Pirate.
    Re your flts on LX & LH, I see that they have upped their mileage for Business class to 150%, compared to the normal 125%, which many carriers offer!
    2 Good carrriers.

Thocha7
    Participant

Hi
    Took 24 long hauls in 2013 starting Jan 16 till Dec-06
    Mostly on QR (via) Doha plus N.America on AC and in Asia some local airlines 4 times.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Marcus, thanks for that, and how your time in the air make my time up there pale into insignificance!

Perhaps I need “nurse” to help me get over my feelings of inferiority! 😉

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hi FlyingCanadian, I didn’t know that. Thanks. Will help me retain Gold faster.

Happy travels.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls