Which Airlines & how many flights have you made in 2013?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

• skywards
    Participant

1. KLM/AF
    2. 90% KLM/AF 10% EY
    3. 50/50
    4. 20

I decided to try KLM/AF this year to avoid the ruthless APD tax and made AMS my main long haul airport with one long haul flight from CDG…all european flights were made in economy and long haul in business class.

Merry Christmas.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

If we are summarising our 2013 travel then please don’t forget this thread I started a week or so ago about how many hours you’ve spent in the air.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/How-many-hours-have-you-spent-in-the-air-in-2013#postn_110631

My answers:

1. BA, Virgin, Easyjet, FlyBE, Blue Islands, Swiss, United, Southwest
    2. No-one has dominated but order is BA is followed by United.
    3. Roughly even spread of UK domestic, US domestic, Continental and Long-haul.
    4. 27 sectors in the air, probably up to 150 on the trains.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi Bath_VIP
    Not sure if its of any benefit to you, but I’ve just been booking my January rail travel.
    Albeit through the company travel company.
    Lots of 1st class single ticket options cheaper than anytime returns to be had.
    Just picked up Uphall to Newcastle for £24 .. : )

BigDog.
    Participant

1. Virgin, BA, EasyJet, Aurigny, Blue Island, United, Cathay, Liat.
    2. No main airline – prefer convenience to hunting points.
    3. One third long haul
    4. Around 25-30

travelsforfun
    Participant

1. DL, QR, U2, AF, BA, KL, LH, LX, AA, FR, AZ, DY, BT, SK, AC, ZB, MU, YM, VS, LG, JW, WU, MM, LS, K6, V7, NH, WN, OU, X9, PS, EC, BE, FD

2. No dominant airline but most frequent: DL, QR, U2, AF, BA, KL (main change from last year – DL up, FR down)

3. Longhaul 12%, European shorthaul 64%, North American shorthaul 16%, East Asian shorthaul 8%

4. 103

MarcusUK
    Participant

Thanks for all the feedback. It was really just as the questions were put.
    The Airlines we choose, and maybe have changed, number of flights, to see if patterns have changed.

Some of us fly regularly med/long haul others European and others a good mix.

Seems much business goes to the Gulf Carriers these days, as their expansion and availability from every European city emerges.
    Many threads also indicate to what lengths we go for good deals these days playing the systems, with fares Ex Eu etc!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Hallo chaps and chapettes !”

You must be *(&^*&^ joking 🙁

Shearer
    Participant

Not that many flights really, however I did not fly on a low-cost airline in the last 12 months, which is a change for me.
    I got very tired of the whole low cost experience.

ekond111
    Participant

FDOS why don’t you shut the *(&^ up

BigDog.
    Participant

Ekond – FDOS response was due to a first time poster using the forum to advertise/plug their? apps. Should providers wish to publicise their goods they should have the decency to pay BT for ad space or at least start contributing before pushing/promoting products using a buddy approach.

ViajeroUK
    Participant

Less air travel this year, enforced ‘rest’ following medical procedure.

Airlines AF, KLM, UX(Air Europa x 1) ZB (Monarch x 1), AZ, IB, QF, and BA.

Less travel on main carrier (AF/KLM 50%)

Euro/Med 85%, LH 15%

Total sectors 31

stevescoots
    Participant

This year has been a quiet one for me, a lot of west to east and back but not much in between. canot remember the amount of flights but:

BRU-LHR-HKG BA
    LHR-HKG QR
    LHR-CAN QR
    CAN-HKG-LHR CX
    NWI-CAN KLM CS
    BHX-CAN AF
    LCY-HKG-Swiss
    STN-PRG EZY
    HKG-TPE CX
    SZ-PEK Shenzhen airlines

A typical year for me, but greatly reduced…BA, LG, EI, LH, FR, EZ, EK. By far, most of my flights were on BA. 2014 looking even quieter which augurs well for stress levels!

Pierre
    Participant

Main airlines I flew by order:
    AF, LH, SK, OS, Swiss
    Mid haul 60% Long Haul 40%
    With about 45 return trips
    I did not fly “less” than previously, but had rather shorter trips.
    Ending this year with some days in Venice. The ideal place to forget about schedules..
    Happy flights,
    Best Wishes

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

BigDog. – 28/12/2013 16:00 GMT

Ekond – FDOS response was due to a first time poster using the forum to advertise/plug their? apps. Should providers wish to publicise their goods they should have the decency to pay BT for ad space or at least start contributing before pushing/promoting products using a buddy approach.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks, BigDog. Exactly so.

And did so using a style of address more suited to a lounge lizard, than a business traveller 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls