What percentage of BA A380s will have New First?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)

• millionsofmiles
    Participant

@ Scott72

I am sorry that you feel being forced to “taking business men who act like children to meetings around the globe”. But that IS the job of an airline.
    And if you think that demanding space, good service and edible food is “childish” maybe you should make a check whether you are in the right job.
    And it is nice and loyal of you to defend your employer…..but facts still remain facts and the declining standards are just a fact, as is the outdated F product.
    Airlines with similar cost structure in Europe or the US just do it better.

Flyboy18
    Participant

I’m not being forced…and I think you’ll find I said tongue in cheek. I’m going to leave it there. Take care and I’m signing off for good.

esselle
    Participant

scott72

Before you go, one important point you should perhaps consider.

When you fly on standby, or ID tickets, you are getting it virtually free. When one of us does, it costs us many thousands……..so a freebie at the Ritz may not be looked on in the same way as rack rate in high season…….

Can you spot the difference?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Honest Crew – how else would you expect soup to be loaded onto an aircraft, after it had been made. A thermos seems a perfect solution, far better than a plastic container.

When I take delivery of catering on Business Jets, I am very happy when a thermos is used for soup – tightly sealed & kept warm needs minimum heating, thereby saving the cabin crew time prepping… and saves leakages….

bacrew1
    Participant

21:29 UK time.. 7 out of 10 threads about BA 😉

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Well, this is one camper who most certainly would object to the suggestion that all BA crews are hopeless etc. The CE team Snr Management and I encountered LHR-IST last weekend addressed us by name, were attentive, personable and professional. If we didn’t want anything, we were left alone. If we did, they responded promptly and attentively. I don’t believe that you can expect very much more from your cabin crew.

EDITED:

Come on people, lighten up. This started off and was intended as a little light banter/revelry and not as a serious dig at BA or its staff. For those BA crew reading, this is one (personally) paying passenger who will be looking forward to his next flight with them which, it so happens, will be later today.

esselle
    Participant

bacrew1

Good grief. Are these 7 out of 10 anti-BA or simply including BA?

This is getting very silly.

Hermes1964
    Participant

So there I was settling down to catch up on the forum with my Sunday supper, but I think I now have indigestion.

Why does every thread on this forum turn into the same one – it’s really dull. Could we not have a pact that July’s threads will be more considered and well-mannered, aimed at sharing insights, recollections or suggestions (excluding of course any suggestion that BA should introduce aisle access in CW, which I think we are all now familiar with).

Also please let’s not pop at the BA crew who post here. They do add an interesting dimension and it would be a shame to lose their perspective and updates.

Smile everyone the sun is shining and no doubt I’m not the only one looking forward to some leisure travel in the next couple of months on which I will be pleased to report.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

scott72 – 30/06/2013 15:09 GMT

“Well I will continue to do my job with a smile on my face and will do all I can to ensure I’m the greatest sh*t polisher / cabin crew on your aircraft taking business men who act like children to meetings around the globe and are happy to watch me extend my arms to Inspector Gadget lengths when passing their meal tray and barely get a glance let alone a thank you or a please. And bacrew1… Hope to work with you soon whoever you are. And I will try to developer thicker skin or feathers so the negative comments will run of my back.”

Ouch. What happened to “To Fly To Serve”?

You want a medal for doing your job?

This post started on Friday as a light hearted bit of fun given that BA recently received its 787 and A380 aircraft. But we now have a situation where some insecure complexed posters have ruined it by making this a political thread about BA bashing.

And we wonder why WW introduced Mixed Fleet.

Hermes1964 – 30/06/2013 21:18 GMT

I agree in theory. But the stupidity of some posters on here is unbelievable and they deserve, in my opinion, to be treated with the applicable contempt.

balover
    Participant

I can’t imagine that any of them would not…. why would BA not want to offer the best service possible to their first customers!? Also they would not want to devalue their brand.

HongKongLady
    Participant

AlexUpgrade77 I am sure most sound minded people took your post as exactly what it was Fun ! Those that didn’t have far too much time on their hands to look for hidden agendas. I do hope you had a pleasant weekend

bacrew1
    Participant

Lovely to see the camaraderie and regular posters backing eachother up… I have no doubt that the post was made in fun… it made me smirk, and yes I do have tough skin so I take absolutely nothing posted on the BT traveller forum personally. All I’m saying is the fun, the bad experiences, the sarky comments are all airline specific!?
    Someone has recently posted negativity about EY.. in more than 1 thread and they got shot down!?! So what it was in more than 1 post!?

If I didn’t read this forum regularly, and noticed the thread “What percentage of BA A380s will have New First”…. I would have no idea from that, that this is a banter thread…. Someone outside maybe genuinely interested and may not know alot about the BA A380’s (as much as regular travellers do here)… Infact I had to do a double take as I wasn’t sure if the OP was being serious or not?

Alexupgrade77… I just need some clarification…. you put “But the stupidity of some posters on here is unbelievable and they deserve, in my opinion, to be treated with the applicable contempt” previously having said “and we wonder why WW introduced mixed fleet” I don’t quite understand what you are trying to say here but I’m guessing it’s a derogatory comment to BA crew on other fleets? Would appreciate if you could clear this up for me. Thanks.
    Have a good week everyone! My wings shall be donned again on Wednesday 😉

Be_Nice
    Participant

Bacrew1

Would be nice if you were on my flight to Washington?

Take care, but remember the forum has a minority of BA total passengers and often not all are actual travellers today. There seems to be retired and non BA flyers here. No doubt we all have something to say. Hopefully nice.

Marlene

bacrew1
    Participant

Ah Marlene… afraid not (what a shame!)
    Same direction though… E Coast USA.. Can’t be specific incase I get lynched!? Now that was a JOKE! 🙂

Papillion53
    Participant

Bacrew1 – I wrote a review of our recent flight to YVR – it is on the cruise section. I think it only fair to give you advance warning, you may not enjoy reading my review of our return flight when I get round to posting it, but at least both reviews are honest and I do actually fly BA! 😉 🙂

Safe travels this week!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls