What percentage of BA A380s will have New First?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)

• Anonymous

EU_Flyer
    Participant

I mean, you never know these days. I’d hate to get on board and find the old First seat before me…

Couldn’t help myself.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Alex

esselle
    Participant

Good one!

You never know, after all, they have to do something with the old first removed in order to make room for new first, and it would be a great way of saving money!!

I’ve heard there will be hammocks in economy; can anybody confirm?

speedbird1456
    Participant

if it’s a new plane surely they will fit with the new first

esselle
    Participant

Irony?

Bullfrog
    Participant

The majority on this forum have expressed the need for a redesigned First & CW seat.

The ‘powers that be’ will soon ‘wake up’ & launch new hard products.

The BA A380s & 787s will then be sporting ‘old New First’ & ‘old CW’.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

VK isn’t the only one ‘in the know’ esselle!

I can confirm that BA will finally be launching a revised F product to replace New First on the A380.

Announcing to the world: ‘Retro First’.

Quoting from today’s press release from BA:

“Following extensive consultation with our customers, British Airways are pleased to announce that our brand new fleet of A380 aircraft will be fitted with a bold old design in First Class seating. Our new Retro First product will include exciting enhancements designed to take our most valued customers back to the days of 120 degree seat recline, 9 inch personal televisions with 6 channels on a 2 hour loop meaning you only have to watch each movie twice on long haul flights of over 7 hours! And finally, we know first class is a great way to network, make new friends and bump into old ones, so we’ve gone back to 2-2-2 abreast seating in Retro First to help you become ‘better aquainted’ with your travelling companion. Retro First is the ‘first’ step in BA’s A380 and 787 product revolution in the sky and on the ground. Tune in next week for our announcement of 12 across economy seating on the Dreamliner”

esselle
    Participant

The next generation Retro First cabin will also feature the Thermos soup service, with a choice of tartan or solid coloured body, afternoon snack of tinned mandarin oranges served with condensed milk, and a new and exciting range of wines from Spain under the “Don Cortez” label.

Acrylic blankets will be available (first come first served) for those who may wish to snooze during the night, and a refreshing cup of Camp coffee will be served before, but not after, you wake up.

Finally, a small charge will be made for service required outside of the set hours, to reflect the additional cost of its provision.

Our extensive research suggests that the majority of our customers believe these enhancements to our already high levels of service would be welcome.

Bullfrog
    Participant

@AlexUpgrade

Sounds like you’re describing the new ‘up to date’ CW. ready for the 3rd decade in the 21st century.

lloydah
    Participant

come on esselle, It may be evap. but condensed milk is far too bold a move.

SimonS1
    Participant

Will there be a smoking section in the retro area?

esselle
    Participant

lloydah

Fair point.

Optional extras include the “Crackerbarrell” cheese board, which includes Edam and Danish Blue, and an After Eight served with the coffee.

The service, overseen by Mrs Slocomb, is designed to fit a strict timetable allowing our passengers to optimise their personal time.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Given that you can step on to a brand new A320 and find seats that have been refitted from a long retired 757, perhaps we shouldn’t joke.

All very funny though, keep it coming!

rcfyelee98
    Participant

I usually fly CX and MH whenever possible cos the new biz seats are a better product. And now, I have just experienced the new AA biz seats. While AA biz service still leaves much to be desired, I will be flying AA to the US whenever the new seats are available. I will still use BA in Europe and to India and the Middle East. I am now finally available to vote with my feet and still rack up Avios and TPs

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

A propos Canucklad’s thread on suggesting new “British themed” ideas for future generations of BA aircraft, I am still keen on the beer and skittles with saw dust “themed pub” in steerage. On the Upstairs/Downstairs theme, someone suggested that those in WT should be providing the service to those in First and Business. Not entirely convinced of this with the surliness of the lower orders these days…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls