What percentage of BA A380s will have New First?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)

• pdtraveller
    Participant

No doubt the wine list will include blue nun, black tower and mateus rose. watneys red barrel might make it and of course buckfast.

PJs will go replaced by mandatory shell suits and spray tans.

HonestCrew
    Participant

First soup is still loaded in a Thermos.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

Mixed fleet crew will include formerly retired waitresses.

Greasy Fish&Chips will be served in yesterdays newspapers, vinegar served only in First!

esselle
    Participant

Previously thumbed playing cards may be available on request (although a full deck cannot be guaranteed), and chewed biros are on hand for use in filling in the landing cards (if they have been loaded).

Passengers are reminded that, should they prefer not to be disturbed during the flight, they should ring the crew call bell at regular intervals.

Should your preferred meal choice be unavailable (we are working closely with our supplier, Vesta, to improve the range of options) we suggest you ask earlier next time.

Thank you for choosing to fly with us; we know you have a choice.

Flyboy18
    Participant

Why always the obsession to knock BA down…. Never get this negative with virgin, emirates, qantas, and the rest?

lloydah
    Participant

Because it makes me smile. I fly BA regularly but it doesn’t stop a bit of harmless banter especially when the gist of it is true. I pay for all my flights and I’m fast getting tired of excuses for things going wrong at a time when I have no other choice – halfway down the airbridge. Whether flying is good value for money or not it’s still relatively expensive and there’s no excuse for dirty seats, meals not loaded, grumpy staff whatever airline you’re on. Maybe I find this happening more on BA because I fly BA more than any other company. Still no excuse for it.

Chardie
    Participant

This thread is about as amusing as passing a kidney stone

esselle
    Participant

Light hearted weekend banter.

Those of us who have done so much flying over so many years have a sense of irony.

Relax.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ scott72 – 29/06/2013 17:45 GMT

I fly with BA of choice and am happy to take issue with some of the more extreme comments knocking them for anything and everything but this is mildly ironic and light-hearted. It is also mildly self-depracatory: if service was provided by those “downstairs”, that would probably include me much of the time!

It’s good to see people not taking themselves too seriously from time to time.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Chardie – 29/06/2013 19:17 GMT

Thank you for that. Might I remind you that you’re under no obligation to read this thread.

I’m glad to see some on this forum can appreciate some light weekend humour all in good fun. After all, we’re discussing airline seats not world peace.

StandingThemUp
    Participant

Scott72

You ask why people have it in for BA, let me give you an example.

I took a F flight with BA last week, wasn’t shown to my seat, wasn’t offered dine on demand, had the call bell ignored on three occasions (when strapped in due turb) and then my special meal was so overcooked that it was hard to cut through the salmon with a metal knife.

Now would you like the airline that provided that level of service, in it’s top cabin?

Flyboy18
    Participant

StandIngThemUp…..yes you have aright to be annoyed and I hope you complained, if customers don’t complain on the short coming of service on board then I urge you to complain either to the CSD or after the flight by email. but my point is that people seem to only go for BA, maybe a love to hate affair? And as an a crew member of BA who enjoys my job and will do all I can for the customer I find I very demoralising . And I know I don’t read this forum to see how great BA is but imagine if the company you worked for got so many negative comments how would you feel. Maybe other should put who they work for so I could comment how bad the customer service is from the company you work for? Just a thought. Rgds.

StandingThemUp
    Participant

Hi Scott72

I will not complain, as there is little point, IMHO. It is clear to me that BA is being driven in a cost cutting direction and service is taking a back seat.

No disrespect to people like you, who I know are good at your jobs.

In terms of how the constant bashing makes you feel, I can empathise; I run a micro business which is subject to a lot of client feedback in a very competitive market. We read every piece of comment and try to take it on board, even when we feel it is harsh and this drives continuous improvement – I’d be the first to say it is much easier to achieve this in micro business, than in a plc, but on the other hand we have far less resources (money) and far more competitors, so we need to punch above our weight, everyday.

Edit

Probably the reason BA gets the bandwidth here is that this is primarily a UK focused board. No doubt other airlines suffer in their own countries, especially as human nature makes us complain more than praise and be more motivated to spread bad news, than good.

bacrew1
    Participant

very mature Alexupgrade77
    ” Might I remind you that you’re under no obligation to read this thread”

Maybe you need reminding you’re under no obligation to post??

scott72 don’t bite the bullet…. skip through it and let them have their “fun”
    but agree, it’s getting very tiresome and airline specific nowadays… Perhaps this once highly regarded website needs to be renamed to “BAtraveller.com”

Flyboy18
    Participant

bacrew1…. Very true and it’s ashame that people don’t complain and thankfully and hopefully not all BA customers will have that attitude because things won’t change if they don’t complain/praise.

Maybe just put up and shut up? Thankfully I will not turn into one bitter angry hostess!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls