What Makes the Ideal Hotel Bathroom?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)

• NTarrant
    Participant

One which marks the taps as to which way hot is and which way cold is! (Sofitel LGW please note)

MartynSinclair
    Participant

with the problems of taking the correct sized toiletries through airport security, it is nice to know that hotels supply toothbrush and toothpaste. It woul dalso be nice if a mans toiletry / amenity kit could also include a small spray can / aerosol of body spray deodorant. This would save the need to contstantly have cans in hand luggage confiscated – although some scanning machines seem to have been reduced in sensitivity becasue some larger items, I forget to take out of my hand luggage appear to be getting though some airports.

SBTadvice
    Participant

Natural daylight, nothing worse than entering a bathroom with bright harsh downlighters .

CDS23101950
    Participant

What annoys me most is to find two sets of towels of the same colour provided by the hotel. When you share your room with either your spouse, partner, friend or colleague, it would be most useful to have the sets of towels in different colours so that you would not inadvertently mix up earch other’s towels!

Kaicat75
    Participant

My biggest annoyance is lack of space to put things that is within reach of the mirror in the bathroom.

As the bathroom usually has the best lighting i like to put my make up on in there and so many bathroom do not provide enough space to empty a small make-up bag on to which is within reach of the mirror. Which usually means I end up resorting to tipping the contents on to a towel in the sink.

Also if there is a bath please provide decent bubble bath or bath oil. a A bath/shower gel is not the same thing. As already mentioned high quality toiletries are always appreciated.

Amused2Death
    Participant

The potentially positive benefits of all of the above are frequently negated by the lack of a functioning sink/bath plug.

Many hotels could helpfully improve their rooms simply by providing sensible plumbing.

Inquisitive
    Participant

Although it is difficult to get the type of bathroom qualities that VK and other listed in Europe and USA unless one stay in a luxary hotel, most of the features listed are available in high end business hotels in Bangkok (most 5 star hotels), Singapore (Four seasons, Shangri–La etc.), KualaLumpur (most 5 star hotels), New Delhi (Oberoi, Taj), Mumbai (Taj, Oberoi), Tokyo (New Otani and most 5 stars) and Yokohama. The bathrooms are normally larger, with shower fitted (most with latest hansgrohe fittings) in addition to tub, TV/speakers are available on most, telephone extension, towels are very good and toilet papers are top quality. European hotels are main culprit for poor toilet paper. Asian 5 star hotels are real luxary with reasonable rate. Earlier I used to stay with 2 standard business hotels as I have Gold/eqv card for both of these (benefits – welcome gift, free cocktail in evening), but now realised that with similar price (may be a little bit more), the luxary hotels in Asia provides much more comfort and some included benefit (e.g. – breakfast spread is more lavish, free shoe polish, free suit press).

WyndhamGrandPGH
    Participant

At the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, we carry high quality paper and towels. As suggested by consumers worldwide, we pride ourselves in paying particular attention to the details and characteristics of every nook and cranny at our luxury property. As an Executive Level member (our elite business travelers and Wyndham ByRequest members) we also offer the terry cloth robes and slippers. Divine!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Whilst I’d hesitate to equate a Deity with fluffy slippers at a Wyndham, it’s good to see some hotels are aware of these issues.

canucklad
    Participant

You have all missed the no brainer………….that im sure most of us have at some point had to deal with……………………..

Why o why, cant we just have a simple rubber plug !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hotel’s seem to be trying to out do themselves in the complexityof keeping water in, or more annoyingly getting rid of it!

HongKongLady
    Participant

The Sofitel Heathrow has an excellent bathroom, separate shower nice amenities, good towels, bathrobes and slippers.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

My goodness, VintageKrug must have been scratching around looking for something to bump to get rid of a topic he didn’t want in the top ten this morning to bump this old thread which IIRC he created for that reason in the first place.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Give the guy a break (and all of us) Henkel. Several topics have been bought back to life today, and some spam and some spurious ones have been added.

Is he responsible for all of those as well?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Back on topic proper, and why not. It’s a good one.

I too hate the mechanisms they employ to keep water in the bath and usually end up pulling the metal thing out so the water can flow away. Often this brings up a load of hair and gunge so I isolate the offending item in tissues or a face cloth, shower and wash hands again, dry, dress and call duty manager whereupon I hand over the offending item.

His/her facial expression is usually priceless, I cannot be blamed as I keep my head shaved and results in either a free upgrade, free dinner, one night free (in one case my whole stay was complimentary including meals) or some other goody along with profuse apologies and a room so clean you could eat off the toilet! Not that one would want to of course!

So yes Canucklad, a simple rubber plug please!

Deleted_User
    Participant

Well said LP @ 12:00

I hope I haven’t been guilty of making spurious comments?

Still waiting for the right moment to try my first Cohiba mini !!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls