travelling alone

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)

• stevescoots
    Participant

what part of Hk did you stay in?

please dont say Wan Chai!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks FlyingChinaMan.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

STeve- No silly…lol, was in central near statue square, do you go to wan chai? 🙂 xxx

Ntarrant i am about 5 foot so a bit of a shorty 🙂 xxx

Flying chinaman… mr bruce lee who was know where near to my rescue even after i watched enter the dragon before going!!! 😉 My friends dad nicked name me Babs because have a bit of a cheeky laugh 😉 some times i curl my hair when i go out xxx

Lugano Pirate, thank you for the tips you are sooooo sweet :o) XXX I like the one about the number 😉 i dont think i gave off any signs of being insecure, but will bare in mind what you have said. You need to stop smoking.. come on do it for me?? xxxxxxxx

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Had I known I would have flown back from Florida to be your guardian angel!!!

stevescoots
    Participant

Becky, I do drop into Wan Chai from time to time, If out with friends and they want to watch a game we may go by White Stag, then call into the Canny Man for a night cap. if i fancy a good band I will drop in Escape (the old fenwicks) its still the same den of eniquity with extortionate priced drinks but with a good live band now and if you can get a seat its funto watch the wildlfe!.

most times tho i can be found out in Tai wai in local places 🙂

LeTigre
    Participant

There is no need for discussion of clothing, body language, signals etc. I also agree with the comment on the general demographic of first class passengers made earlier. Whilst in Hong Kong, the presence of many Western brands should not make you forget that it is still very much China. The ogling of foreigners is how they calculate your worth! On my own trips to China, Singapore, Malaysia and elsewhere I have found that Westerners attract much attention for what they wear, pale skin colour, hair, etc. Could ogling not just be admiration?

When one considers that it is just a cultural normality rather than some kind of sexual advance, one should realise that it is not to be taken personally.

PS. I speak Chinese (interpreting standard), most friends Chinese, go to China lots, eat Chinese, work for a Chinese company, read Chinese, watch Chinese movies. I believe I have a measure of authority in this case.

LeTigre
    Participant

There is no need for discussion of clothing, body language, signals etc. I also agree with the comment on the general demographic of first class passengers made earlier. Whilst in Hong Kong, the presence of many Western brands should not make you forget that it is still very much China. The ogling of foreigners is how they calculate your worth! On my own trips to China, Singapore, Malaysia and elsewhere I have found that Westerners attract much attention for what they wear, pale skin colour, hair, etc. Also, could ogling not just be admiration?

When one considers that it is just a cultural normality rather than some kind of sexual advance, one should realise that it is not to be taken personally.

PS. I speak Chinese (interpreting standard), most friends Chinese, go to China lots, eat Chinese, work for a Chinese company, read Chinese, watch Chinese movies. I believe I have a measure of authority in this case.

stevescoots
    Participant

Hengli,

I am curious, your knowledge of Chinese etc, your name one here, anything to do with Hengli town, DongGuan?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I find the most disturbing part of the thread that dear young BeckyBoop had her picture taken presumably mid flight.

Surely the F staff with Cathay would have intervened in this situation.

On occasions I travel with known people in premier classes and I have never once experienced people trying to take photos or even asking for autographs. On a few occasions I am asked discreetly whether someone can ask for an autograph and the answer on a day flight is invariably yes, but on a night flight it is a very definite NO.

Are you sure Becky that you are not some real famous celeb!!!???

ChelseaThirty
    Participant

I have been asked for my photograph, on several occasions on flights by italians, apparently I resemble an Italian actor. I can’t remember which one as I don’t recognise the name.

NTarrant
    Participant

Martyn — mate, there is a reason why you have not had your photo taken but Becky has. You’re a 50 year old male and she is a female early 20’s. The figures don’t stack up!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Nigel dear chap – tonight is Halloween, even Dracula would be photographed tonight. I was of course refering to my travelling companions being photogrphed, not me!

…and please, facts are crucial, I am not a 50 year old, but very nearly a 50 and a quarter year old and still loving every single second. Life has changed slightly from being good, to being just unbelivably brilliant.

Hope you have a good Halloween, wherever you are……..!!

NTarrant
    Participant

My apologies for missing the quarter Martyn, you have a good Halloween as well. Cheers, Nigel

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Ntarrent dont make out to be a bad girl, i dont mind having my pic taken of people of any age just as long as i know you and you ask!!! xxx

Martin sadly i am not famous however flying china man and my friends dad thinks i am like barbarah windsor 😉 what would your wife would think if she saw a pic on your phone with me and you together? :o) xxx

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Becky: Sweetie – take advantage of your cutie appearance and wow all the men around you. Be a British miniture eye candy! Fun can be non-sexual and depending on how you play your card!

Since God has painted your this way, my personal motto is flaunt it if you got it!

You can always look at all your photo albums on a rocking chair when you are at 75!

Perhaps that would include Martyn!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls