Traveller fun – ridiculous complaints made by holidaymakers

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

• BigDog.
    Participant

Some questions crew have been asked……..

What sort of animal is an Uht?

Why did the Queen build her Castle so close to an airport?

After the crew announced – if you are not a member of the EU you will need to fill in one of these forms. To which a US passenger asked….
    How do I become a member?

MrDarwin
    Participant

I was once asked whilst in the US – “so do you guys have a democracy in England?”.

Anyone who has lived in Edinburgh will have experienced this one too… “excuse me, where is the castle?” …… asked whilst standing on Princes Street. Especially common now during the festival.

jjlasne
    Participant

Another case of TMI!

jjlasne
    Participant

While Americans are some of the dumbest tourists out there – I came across a drunken middle age female at CDG whom I would have been happy to bitch-slap to snap out of her stupid cliches (that’ s a French word), they are not the only ones. I keep saying adult – heterosexual Frenchmen wearing colorful, capri pants in the streets of San Francisco and that’ s definitely confusing the local homosexual gentry… Hell, some of our women are dressed more butch than they are.
    Disclaimer: I am a long time San Francisco resident, born and raised in Paris.

jjlasne
    Participant

Jet engines are definitely too noisy. If you fly out of SNA John Wayne-Orange County airport, you will see that pilots have to turn off/down engines going quiet over populated neighborhoods. I must say it is rather off-putting to hear the engines being shut down for a short while.

PatJordan
    Participant

Saw this today:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/aer-lingus-sued-after-child-disfigured-and-scarred-by-hot-tea-31478907.html

Most ridiculous is this paragraph:

The parents of the girl have alleged that Aer Lingus failed to serve the tea “at a safe temperature” and failed to warn passengers of the “known dangers and the excessive and unreasonable temperature of the hot tea”.

Hot tea is made from hot water, as any parent knows. Do these parents seriously expect to be served tea which has cooled to a “safe temperature”, whatever that may be??

I hope that Aer Lingus successfully defend this action.

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

PatJordan – this sounds just like the ‘McDonalds Drive-Through Hot Coffee Between The Thighs’ case all over again.

“Had an accident that’s not your fault? Then give Stitchemup & Run a call today and we’ll see if we can make some money out of you.”

PatJordan
    Participant

Carajillo2sugar,

It sure does, but hopefully this one will be put to bed much sooner!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Some of the contributions have had me in tears of laughter so many thanks.

I recall my days on the ground staff at LGW when British Airtours used to handle Wardair Canada and their B747s. Many of the passengers were elderly Brits travelling out to the colonies to see their grandchildren most probably for the first time. The travel experience through a major London airport left many of them completely bemused. From time to time, the B747s got parked on a stand some way out on the northern ramp and we’d have to coach pax to the plane. On more than one occasion, I had an elderly pax come up to me clearly disappointed “… but I thought we’d paid to go on a plane…?!”

ZKSmith
    Participant

I remember a few years ago chatting with an American couple in JNB airport. They’d had a lovely holiday but said they were surprised how cold South Africa was in summer. It was July.

Poshgirl58
    Participant

If you read the Thomas Cook A330 review recently posted on this site, it’s a fine example of just wanting to say something/anything to get noticed. I’ve read it three times now and still not worked out where they travelled to. I know you cannot avoid being ill, but five desserts, really!! Another reason to avoid TC, if any more were needed.

Anthony Dunn – I also remember the Wardair flights, at BHX. They departed from the old terminal where the aircraft was parked as close to the gates as possible. The most popular comment overheard was “…I don’t think I can manage all them stairs….”.

Bucknall
    Participant

Questions whilst working on a flight enquiries desk at Manchester:
    What time are the flying machines to London?
    (In July) – I’ve just booked my holiday to Majorca in November – is the plane on time?
    Can you tell me if the plane is green as I am superstitious and won’t go on a green plane? (Don’t think they were on Aer Lingus!)
    How long is the runway?
    And many more…… but they brightened up the day!

NTarrant
    Participant

Glad I’m not the only one to have difficulty working out where the TC review person was going Poshgirl58. Given it was an A330 must be somewhere like Florida as it mentions “red eye” on the return!!

5 deserts, sums up the clientele of TC!

jjlasne
    Participant

Now, I get it. Dan Air LONDON… They flew Comets? Did not they had the reputation of crashing quite often? And was not it the last commercial passenger aircraft made in Britain?

MrMichael
    Participant

Jjlasne, I think the last was the BAE146, still flying and exceptionally safe.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls