Top 10 LOVED airports in the world

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

• JonathanM8
    Participant

For those referencing Munich, there is a big difference between the terminals. Flying on LH from T2 is far more complex than flying out of T1. Last November I got from taxi to seat on a BA plane to LHR in under 20 minutes!!

Tim2soza
    Participant

Luton airport set down area tip.

If you set passengers down at Luton, you get 10 mins for £1, and if you go over it is £80.
    If you park in short term, you can get almost as close to the terminal as the set down area. £1 for 15 mins, and £4.50 if you go over (upto 1 hour)

Don’t try and drop people off on the kerbside outside the paid set down area, the CCTV cameras will get you and bill you £80.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“For those referencing Munich, there is a big difference between the terminals. Flying on LH from T2 is far more complex than flying out of T1. Last November I got from taxi to seat on a BA plane to LHR in under 20 minutes!!”

Could you explain the challenges?

I have to say that MUC T2 is one of, if not the most straightfoward airports I use.

JonathanM8
    Participant

I don’t disagree that MUC T2 is pretty straightforward….but lots of walking, maybe not to the level of AMS, but still way more than the real simplicity of T1. Its an advantage at MUC NOT to fly with the airline that has it as its hub (ie LH). I am sure there are other airports where the terminal used by the dominant airline is larger/more complex/etc. This was the case until recently at Arlanda where BA was in the old T2 – small and easy to get around, but is now in the much larger T5 with SAS. Longer queues at security, far longer to walk to the gate.

RichHI1
    Participant

Begerrity, intrigued you like KOA. I would be interested to know your criteria. I have not been there for 4 or 5 years now but from memory (used to visit 6-8 times a year) I found the lack of gateways difficult particularly for disabled passengers and the open air construction troublesome when it rains. The Hawaiian Lounge was very small and only has a coffee and juice dispenser. Also I had a number of valuable items that were not covered by TSA rules removed from the bags whilst going through TSA there. I have subsequently seen some people were fired from KOA and some other HI airports for theft and other breaches of duty. Keen to hear if it is been upgraded.

begerrity
    Participant

To RichHI1, I like Kona Airport because to me it is exotic and I love deplaning and being in the open,tropical air. I love the fragrance of the flowers. I have never had any problems with TSA when I visited the 11 times that Y have visited the iislands. I have never been in the Lounge so I cant say anything. I last visited Kona in 2007..

RichHI1
    Participant

Begerrity
    The aroma of flowers is great in all Hawaii airports. Even the big ones like HNL have open walls and the smell and feeling of the warm air is always a welcoming feeling. Glad you have had such a warm experience of Aloha.
    Happy Travels

Abidjan
    Participant

DCA – – minutes from DC (cab, metro), beautiful architecture and the old National airport (plus a cool museum) is there too. I’m also a fan of ARN.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls