The LEAST expensive flight you have ever purchased

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Best value deal I’ve had in ages was CPT – MXP (via Dubai) – JFK in First with 1 week stopovers in MXP (Lugano) in both directions for just £3,800. This was half the price of LH and a third of LX.

Included in that were 8 chauffeur drives which alone was worth about £700. A real bargain.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I agree the above is inappropriate, but I wonder how many of us clicked the link out of curiosity? ?

kkuaNYC
    Participant

Mine was USD29 in Nov 2002 for LGA-IAH-SEA-EWR, short notice advance purchase (3 days) for weekend travel.

Airlines were still publishing the mileage + cash redemption. I caught the typo for NYC to Seattle and Continental Airlines honored it. Back then, domestic USA redemption was taxes plus 25K miles. Normal email offers back then was going for about 15K miles + $29. In the first email transmission, they forgot to place the column for mileage requirement. Hence, it costs only $29 plus ZERO mile points. Then, on day of travel, sour weather conditions gave way to IrrOp and allowed me to depart from LGA (easier to get to).

That’s a total of 5692 miles for only $29. Best part of all, I was able to fly those miles and post it into my NWA frequent flier account.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls