Superb OneWorld deals from Dublin

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

• Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

Thank you all.
    Probably arriving DUB at 2255 and departing 1145, so probably just close’ish to the airport. Mmmm Merrion does look nice though! I’ve got a couple of grand to spare by not flyer ex-UK as well!
    Carlton and Maldron look like a good calls, Radisson Blu is full by the look of it.
    I didn’t think there would be as many to choose from.
    Thanks again

openfly
    Participant

Not superb on all routes! Hardly any change on some.

thecartoonman
    Participant

@ MartynSinclair – 24/10/2014 08:56 GMT

What is the trick in finding the departure point, do you just have to keep trying flights from different EU start points, or is there a useful web site tool?

I want to travel to MCO in March but am not sure of my exact dates at the moment, the savings are huge with the current Dublin offer having CW at around €1180 return!

Any advice would be appreciated.

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

I know the ex-Europe using all sectors thing has been done to death and I haven’ t noticed this before and it may be new, but there is a warning when booking. It states something along the lines of “if you do not check your baggage through to the final destination, you may be liable to extra charges”. Just a thought for those who might not use the last sector.

1nfrequent
    Participant

Thanks for the tip Bath_VIP – I just got return flights to the US for EURO1300 – almost 1600 quid cheaper than buying ex-UK in the current BA sale.

1F

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Well it appears that everybody is now flying to Dublin!

Out of interest, how are you all planning to get there and how much will this add to your fare? For myself, it will be either Aer Lingus or Ryanair from Bristol plus overnight stay. Can definitely do the whole thing for under £200 and have already booked the hotel so my total cost will end up under £1500 which is what I budgeted for.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Use avios, under £50! Looked at some random dates for availability and it is superb..

One thing I noticed about the ex Dublin fares, some of the flights for LON-DUB-LON sectors are in economy, not club.. I know its a short flight, but the tier points will add up…

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

The Y flights are with EI, all the BA ones are club.

I am flying ALC/DUB FR 48,00 eur, staying with family on the way there and back.

SwissExPat
    Participant

Also one needs to be careful on the DUB-LON sectors

I have booked these fares on the past and always ensured I was on the BA metal and avoided the Aer Lingus connections.

You “may” have issues with baggage costs etc since the the booking page on the BA booking only says…..

“Different checked baggage charges and restrictions may apply on other airlines. Please see the operating airline’s website for information.”…. and then the there is just a link to the EI website. All of this is in the section on “Baggage”in relation to the Flight sector operated by EI.

Also you will definitely have to pay for food/beverage on the EI operated sector (not so with BA even if you were in Y)

Also not sure you would have lounge access in DUB terminal 2 and also probably not have priority boarding (you will definitely have these on a BA flight departing T1 in DUB)

Also the BA flights into LHR now operate to/from T5 hence no need for flight connections since the EI plane goes to T2.

And as MS says above, you will get less Tier points and Avios.

in Summary, DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF booking an EI operated sector on these bookings !!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ thecartoonman – 24/10/2014 20:07 GMT

Martin has previously used Milan LIN whereas my Senior Management (aka the wife) has transited AMS (very easy to use) and CDG. LUX and OSL are currently flavour of the month. If you want to check out permutations, then try:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

(for which thanks to SimonS1 for bringing this to our attention).

Oh, and speaking of DUB, Simon Calder of the Independent was interviewed on BBC Radio yesterday and said that LCY-DUB flight availability has just increased by 250% – so expect some very competitive fares over future months.

If you haven’t done so already, sign up for this excellent offer:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-lu/flights-and-holidays/flights/european-bonus-avios?source=H01X&hpsource=H01AXUnlimitedbonusA

The UK appears to be excluded? I received 15,000 bonus Avios after a WTP return to Cairo.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Alexpo1 – 25/10/2014 12:41 GMT

Correct, it is NOT available to UK based BAEC members.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

works very well for those who are registered overseas 🙂

1nfrequent
    Participant

Bath_VIP – I found a return fare on BA to DUB for £150. Was going to use Avios but the TPs I’ll earn from this for the whole trip will requalify me for silver.

SwissExPat – all good points. FWIW I have one EI flight on my route (going to LGW) and I’ve been told by EI that I won’t have to pay for baggage as it’s a BA codeshare going onto a transatlantic flight.

I’m not bothered about paying for food or lounge access because I’m going to eat at LGW but I agree that this should be a consideration.

1F

rferguson
    Participant

Booked Dublin – Honolulu and return including JFK-LAX new A321 transcon and back LAX-LHR on the BA A380. £1350 and 880 tier points!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls