Superb OneWorld deals from Dublin

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

• Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

Going back to the ‘ditching the final sector’ dilemma. One of my options is BA LAS/LGW with a EI connection to Dublin ex LHR. Sounds perfect because i can collect my bags at LGW and head back home without heading to DUB. My question though is, would BA have less of a chance of noticing I never used the EI sector, or would that maybe draw more attention when their internal accounts don’t match. Does anyone know this one?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Speedbird_ABZ – as yet no one has reported having a problem with ditching the final sector. One day perhaps the Forum will come alive with it happening. Until then, don’t think it matters who the airline / partner airline is, if you ditch the final sector.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Rferguson,

That’s a fantastic deal! How did you book it and for what dates? I looked for a Honolulu ticket for September next year and it came back saying there were no flights.

rferguson
    Participant

Bath VIP I booked it on AA.com. From the main booking page click ‘refine search’ scroll down and select ‘AA, AA eagle and OneWorld Airlines’ option to also bring up the BA sector options.

I booked it for far far in advance – like you to travel Sept next year (last date of outbound travel with the deal is Sep 4th).

Outbound
    AA DUB-JFK 757 angle flat
    AA JFK-LAX A321 – full flat
    —Overnight LAX—
    AA LAX-HNL 757 – regular domestic F

Return
    AA LAX-HNL 757 – regular domestic F
    BA LAX – LHR A380
    BA LHR-DUB A319

That routing nets 880 Exec club tier points. If you come back on the same routing as the outbound, even more! But I wanted a full flat seat for the long sector back to the UK and also the opportunity to try out the soon to open OneWorld/QF First Class lounge in LAX :-))

There were also some options ex DUB at same price with US airways to PHL or CLT both on the A330 which has their full flat 1-2-1 ‘envoy’ product.

Edited to add – just had a look on aa.com now bath_VIP. Used 1sep – 15sep as an example. Still plenty there for £1314 return. When I booked I found I had to play around with dates to get the exact routing I wanted. For example some days of the week the via JFK option wasn’t available. Or BA A380 LAX-LHR wasn’t available. In the end I didn’t have to be TOO flexible to get my ideal itin 🙂 I found that departing both ends Mon/tue/wed seemed to have the most amount of options.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Very useful rferguson, thank you for that.

Swindoneric
    Participant

Some very good deals ex Dublin next Feb with other airlines too. United are offering business class returns for £852 on their direct flight. Does this have Dublin customs clearance?

TominScotland
    Participant

Swindoneric – yes it should do

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

Swindoneric – bear in mind that is a 757

Swindoneric
    Participant

FCW – I know it is, and it can be a tad choppy during the winter months.. But Mrs Swindoneric likes these flights from the old Continental days and it’s around half the price of the same flights ex Edinburgh on the same dates. Just not sure if the hassle of getting to Dublin is worth it.

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

I did a 757 Delta ex-Dub and it was actually ok. The pre clearance took forever and we had to be called through to make the flight.

thecartoonman
    Participant

@ AnthonyDunn – 25/10/2014 11:49 GMT

Thank you for the web link, very helpful 🙂

rferguson
    Participant

I like the AA international config’d 757’s. For a day flight anyway. There are only 16 seats and they are the angle flat ones. They only fly to a maximum of about 7hrs anyway. What I DON’T like is the ‘domestic First’ on the long sectors like HNL-LAX (6hr10min) urgh.

TominScotland
    Participant

Thanks, rferguson, for this fantastic heads up!! Just booked 4 x DUB – LAX for September for just over £1,100 a head. Outbound is with BA on the A380 (I know, sacrificing the benefit of clearance in Dublin) and return is with AA via ORD to Dublin – because of the far better arrival time into Dublin.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

It appears that this sale has been very successful. 5 days after booking my flight to Austin for €1500, I see that the same flights now cost €3300. The sale ends 12th November so get your bookings in now.

Annoyingly, I don’t have anything planned after my Feb trip so I can’t make anymore bookings. Will have to wait to see if this sale is repeated. Given the Eurozone issues at the moment, I suspect the odds are high.

Saying that, I did check for a San Antonio to London return in Q2 next year for my girlfriend and saw Delta doing returns for $2000. Curiously, if I changed to some other city in Europe it was much more expensive! So my comment about the Eurozone is not always valid!

kevin46
    Participant

I seem to remember a warning from a previous poster some time back that the shuttle bus for the laughable named Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, is also utilised for airline crew, and they take priority. So unless things have changed, times may not be guaranteed.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls