Summer Flight Prices Frozen?

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

• Binman62
    Participant

The fare under £1500 is from AMS and the following was available
    Aug 1 out return Aug 15th.

The fare breakdown follows and is for 2 adults and 2 kids with a total in GBP of £5666 for 4 passengers.

The fare code is IR5E6JNC.

The fare construction is shown at the bottom if you have any issues getting this on BA .com and have to call them. Given that it is a BA fare should be on BA.com but you need to change your contry of sale to Netherlands.

If not and you do call then given the agent the fare construction details. They may not be able t do it depending on skill level but you will get a call back

Remember this is ex EU you must start in AMS and the fare to AMS is extra. You do not need to go all the way back to AMS and you either simply have bags sent only to London or have a booking that requires an airport change for the onward flight.

Unless you are doing this frequently, BA are not likely to pursue you for breaking the fare rules. In any event there are a thousand reason why you can miss a departure and in my experience this is not something to be concerned about.

Fare for 2 adults Fare 1: Carrier BA IR5E6JNC AMS to ORL (rules)
    Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code J, I
    Covers AMS-LGW (Business), LGW-MCO (Business) £567.70
    Fare 2: Carrier BA IR5E6JNC ORL to AMS (rules)
    Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code I, J
    Covers MCO-LGW (Business), LGW-AMS (Business) £567.70
    USDA APHIS Fee (XA) £3.10
    US Immigration Fee (XY) £4.30
    US Customs Fee (YC) £3.40
    United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge (UB) £23.52
    US International Arrival Tax (US) £10.40
    BA YQ surcharge (YQ) £257.40
    The Netherlands Passenger Service Charge (RN) £12.20
    The Netherlands Noise Isolation Charge (VV) £1.60
    The Netherlands Security Service Charge (CJ) £10.40
    US International Departure Tax (US) £10.40
    US September 11th Security Fee (AY) £1.60
    US Passenger Facility Charge (XF) £2.80
    Subtotal per passenger £1,476.12 Number of passengers x2 Subtotal for 2 adults £2,952.24

Fare for 2 children
    Fare 1: Carrier BA INCEU28 AMS to ORL (rules)
    Passenger type CNN, round trip fare, booking code J, I
    Covers AMS-LGW (Business), LGW-MCO (Business) £507.51
    Fare 2: Carrier BA INCEU28 ORL to AMS (rules)
    Passenger type CNN, round trip fare, booking code I, J
    Covers MCO-LGW (Business), LGW-AMS (Business) £507.51
    USDA APHIS Fee (XA) £3.10
    US Immigration Fee (XY) £4.30
    US Customs Fee (YC) £3.40
    United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge (UB) £23.52
    US International Arrival Tax (US) £10.40
    BA YQ surcharge (YQ) £257.40
    The Netherlands Passenger Service Charge (RN) £12.20
    The Netherlands Noise Isolation Charge (VV) £1.60
    The Netherlands Security Service Charge (CJ) £10.40
    US International Departure Tax (US) £10.40
    US September 11th Security Fee (AY) £1.60
    US Passenger Facility Charge (XF) £2.80
    Subtotal per passenger £1,357.12 Number of passengers x2 Subtotal for 2 children £2,714.24

Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents)
    AMS BA X/LON BA ORL 832.11INCEU28 BA X/LON BA AMS 832.11INCEU28 NUC 1664.22 END ROE 0.758475 XT 23.52UB 10.40CJ 12.20RN 1.60VV 3.40YC 4.30XY 3.10XA 20.80US 1.60AY 257.40YQ 2.80XF MCO4.50

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I did mine slightly differently.

My starting point is Milan as I have quite a few spare London – Milan flights from previous BKK runs, which are fully changeable.

I am also using Heathrow and not Gatwick. The plus side is that I route through T5 from Europe to the States and not the M25 & LGW, get the upper deck on the 747 and also avoid a “bucket and spade” 777 MCO run. The down side is that I have one extra leg stateside.

I also will use the final LHR-MIL sector as a start of another BKK run, although, unlike the ex-Europe fare for BKK, this ex-Europe fare for USA does not allow changes for any of the sectors.

Research was carried out on kayak.com (not .co.uk) through a US server, not UK (not that that makes a difference) and the tickets were purchased, suprisingly, through ba.com!

The cheapest direct flights to MCO in business were around £2,500 each.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Martyn/Binman what are your transit times at AMS/MIL?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

My transit time in Milan is 60 minutes, if I am lucky I will be able to stay on the aircraft.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

My man is not to fond of doing the ex EU routing. Doesnt think it is necessary to spend more time travelling. We are now looking at WTP tickets which i have found the cheapest at £1000 rtn per adult to MCO. As the outgoing flight is a day flight the CW seat is not so much of an issue however a bed coming back is more preferable as all flights (direct) are night flights. Then on the return leg making an upgrade to CW at the airport if available. With the saving in ticket cost wants to use that to spend an extra week.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Becky – the only issue about the direct BA / VS flights from Gatwick – MCO is if your man is after a peaceful flight, it may not happen as understandably, the flights in the summer (if not all year round) have a lot of excited little darlings on board.

If I fly alone or with Mrs S, I do not tend to route direct after all, I have plenty of time on my hands.

VintageKrug
    Participant

…or make a day of it where you start out.

I’m sure your other half (for some reason I have an image of a bouncer in my mind..) couldn’t argue against your desire to start in Paris….

PS Becky, thought you’d be interested to hear that I walked past David Beckham on my way home on Wednesday evening. What is going on with that haircut? He looks like a 1960s version of Robin Hood. Just wrong.

smartloobylou
    Participant

looking at flying LGW/AMS – AMS/LGW – LGW/MCO and reverse. My question is – i dont want to take the suitcases outbound to AMS. What are the rules about checking in luggage from LGW for MCO when my actual ticket will be starting in AMS? any tips? I can also get a fare for less than £1500 including the extra flight out to AMS so seems worth all the extra hassle.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

If you make the outbound AMS sector same day, BA should accept your cases for check before you leave Gatwick (as they do at Heathrow when I go to BKK via Milan).

I also tend to leave any hand luggage in the UK so I make the outbound / inbound European sectors as easy as possible.

I usually leave the hand luggage in the exec lounge left luggage area and explain I have checked in early for a late flight. I know they would not be too happy to know you were going off to AMS whilst your bags remained in their care.

Binman62
    Participant

Even with an EX EU departure on line check in is available and consequently you drop bags in the normal way at LGW. If asked, then you explain what you are doing. I was not asked by checkin when I last did this at LHR but was challenegd in the Concorde room who picked up that I was very early.When explained it was clear that this is a common occurrence and all was well.

Go for it

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Martyn, he is flying with his children so either way he is not to bothered about the noise. The WTP have smaller cabins so it shouldnt be to bad. So the day flight will be fine for them. The rtn flight is where the peace is preferred because it’s a night flight. However we both know even peace in premium cabins is not guaranteed .lol 😉 xx

Binman & Martyn, in regards to the luggage situation. I know this wont affect the current plans I have said but as a general rule of using the ex EU method. What-if my man (a BA Gold) is going exEU deal and while departing from London with the wife and 2 kids who have no status and all are flying in WTP or CW can the BA lounge hold all there luggage or just his?

Vintagekrug a day trip in one city can be too much, you would be better off spending a night or two and make a it a twin centre break and “my man” refers to a member of the board not my partner. Beckham = nice and Paris doesnt do it for me. I want a Joey Essex (TOWIE) and take Milan both = HOT 😉 xx

smartloobylou
    Participant

BOOKED!!! and with the fab rate against the euro, the per person cost (including my extra one way flight to AMS) is coming in at £1218.84 each for 7 of us. We’ve booked cheaper than last year when the little one was still an infant! So happy and dont mind about the short hop out and back to AMS before getting on our flight to MCO. Total spent on 3 adults and 4 children Club World was £8187.09 AMS/LGW/MCO RTN and £344.82 LGW/AMS in Economy. I also used my shareholder discount. Thank you BA 🙂

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Well done!!! :O) have a fab time hun xx

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls