Summer Flight Prices Frozen?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)

• Anonymous

smartloobylou
    Participant

Still trying to catch a break on flights (pref) CW out to Orlando in the summer- at this rate we’re going nowhere! I understand a lack of seats coming into London in July – but what about going out? There seems to be loads of availability but no price reductions – i wonder when BA will decide they need to get these seats sold. Its almost May! Cant say anyone else is doing much better for Business fares even indirect. Anyone got any ideas if a seat sale is coming?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

smartloobylou, not sure if this is still valid for you but earlier this morning through the ITA Matrix Orlando i found busines class with Delta Airlines in mid July from London to Orlando transiting in JFK only £2,058.16 Return each!!!

BUT Even more intersting August!!!!

£2,041.08 RTN each in business!!!

Depart mid August but will have to change in both AMS and DTW (Detroit) going out and once coming back.

I then both checked prices (leaving mid week on a tuesday for 1 week) against the Delta website and its correct!! United and US airways were also not far behind but for Business Class they were the cheapest.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Always worth looking at ITA:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Though I would wait until after May 12 before booking if I were you.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Not sure how long or exact dates you wanted but first dates I checked – 17th to 24th July had cheapest Business Class (I Class) at £2294 including tax. It doesn’t normally get much cheaper than this for July and that is available on the return just before the Olympics. There might be a sale but even then I don’t imagine they will discount much further as tax & fuel surcharge is £497.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Dont forget most state schools break up from the friday 20th July until the 7 September. Most private will break up early to mid July and go back a week earlier. The dates i chose went out on the 10th July and 14 August for 1 week each time.

VK why wait until the 12? The reason why i ask is my people are very keen on this price and am now getting pressure to book these, unless BA put out a sale and club will be more competative with direct flights, please try to get back to me by lunch time, thanks.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

BeckyBoop – 03/05/2012 10:28 GMT

Sometimes it is best not to ask. The Sinclair household is in the exact same position for Orlando in the summer. We will quietly wait until the 12th and then research some prices and hopefully say thank you!

Once again, life is getting better!

smartloobylou
    Participant

that’s good to hear that another 10 days may bring some better pricing, i hate being unbooked this close to the summer! thanks for the link to the matrix. ps there was a glitch on http://www.budgetair.co.uk and they were offering United First Class for less than Business! i tried booking but it came up with an error message sadly! lol

Binman62
    Participant

I think your will be hard pressed to beat this CW fare ex AMS. It worksout at just £1670 return each if 1 adult and 1 child travelling. Must start in AMS

Fare for 1 adult
    Fare 1: Carrier BA INCEU28 AMS to ORL (rules)
    Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code J, I
    Covers AMS-LHR (Business), LGW-MCO (Business) €942.00
    Fare 2: Carrier BA INCEU28 ORL to AMS (rules)
    Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code I, J
    Covers MCO-LGW (Business), LGW-AMS (Business) €942.00
    USDA APHIS Fee (XA) €3.77
    US Immigration Fee (XY) €5.28
    US Customs Fee (YC) €4.15
    United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge (UB) €28.78
    US International Arrival Tax (US) €12.59
    (YQ) €320.00
    The Netherlands Passenger Service Charge (RN) €15.19
    The Netherlands Noise Isolation Charge (VV) €2.00
    The Netherlands Security Service Charge (CJ) €12.93
    US International Departure Tax (US) €12.59
    US September 11th Security Fee (AY) €1.89
    US Passenger Facility Charge (XF) €3.40

Subtotal per passenger €2,306.57
    Number of passengers x1

Subtotal for 1 adult €2,306.57
    •This ticket is non-refundable.
    •Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.
    Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents)
    AMS BA X/LON BA ORL 1241.96INCEU28 BA X/LON BA AMS 1241.96INCEU28 NUC 2483.92 END ROE 0.758475 XT 12.93CJ 15.19RN 2.00VV 28.78UB 4.15YC 5.28XY 3.77XA 25.18US 1.89AY 320.00YQ 3.40XF MCO4.50
    Fare for 1 child
    Fare 1: Carrier BA RRCEU28 AMS to ORL (rules)
    Passenger type CNN, round trip fare, booking code J, R
    Covers AMS-LHR (Business), LGW-MCO (Business) €714.89
    Fare 2: Carrier BA INCEU28 ORL to AMS (rules)
    Passenger type CNN, round trip fare, booking code I, J
    Covers MCO-LGW (Business), LGW-AMS (Business) €631.14
    USDA APHIS Fee (XA) €3.77
    US Immigration Fee (XY) €5.28
    US Customs Fee (YC) €4.15
    United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge (UB) €28.78
    US International Arrival Tax (US) €12.59
    (YQ) €320.00
    The Netherlands Passenger Service Charge (RN) €15.19
    The Netherlands Noise Isolation Charge (VV) €2.00
    The Netherlands Security Service Charge (CJ) €12.93
    US International Departure Tax (US) €12.59
    US September 11th Security Fee (AY) €1.89
    US Passenger Facility Charge (XF) €3.40

Subtotal per passenger €1,768.57
    Number of passengers x1

Subtotal for 1 child €1,768.57
    •This ticket is non-refundable.
    •Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.
    Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents)
    AMS BA X/LON BA ORL 942.53RRCEU28 BA X/LON BA AMS 832.11INCEU28 NUC 1774.64 END ROE 0.758475 XT 12.93CJ 15.19RN 2.00VV 28.78UB 4.15YC 5.28XY 3.77XA 25.18US 1.89AY 320.00YQ 3.40XF MCO4.50

Total airfare & taxes €4,075.14

——————————————————————————–

•Email this itinerary
    •Print this page

smartloobylou
    Participant

thanks for that! I also looked at flights starting from DUB and AMS and found them massively cheaper (shocking really!) but have to factor in getting us and 5 kids out to AMS, staying in a hotel overnight, then coming back to the UK to board the transatlantic flight. not something i relish – flying with kids is bad enough! If it were me, hubby and 2 kids, id take this option everytime.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Ouch! 🙁 xx

ps how many of your kids are under 11?

RichHI1
    Participant

For what its worth AA.COM brings up LHR-MCO via JFK, MIA or DFW for 1 week July 17 or Aug 24 (BB’s dates) at £2,162.19 inc taxes and fees.
    Not as cheap as Delta though.
    (Interestingly the same flights come up more expensive if you book on ba.com)

Just as an aside if you can book before May 15 and travel outbound by July 12 ans return by July 19 you get a one way first upgrade free (must call for this not online).This is on both AA and BA metal since Joint Business.

http://www.americanairlines.co.uk/i18n/promo/upgradeToFirst.jsp?locale=en_GB&anchorLocation=HomePageHero1&reportedTitle=Enjoy A Free Upgrade To First Class&reportedPosition=0&url=undefined&_locale=en_GB&repositoryName=undefined&repositoryId=undefined

smartloobylou
    Participant

they will be 2, 5, 5, 11 and 14 this summer – last 2 trips the baby was almost free now he’s expensive!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Smartloobylou – which part fo the UK do you live? For morning or lunchtime departure from London (after an ex Europe start), I sometimes manage to fly sector 1 the night before, go home to N London then return to Heathrow the floowing day to fly. Admitadly, I have car parking expenses at Heathrow, but all in all I find it works for me.

I am hoping to find a LCY-NYC-MCO flight for the summer – may be lucky after May 12th. I will try both the BA and AA websites as well.

I have just got Master Sinclair a ride out to MCO on a client’s jet in the summer, however, not sure this will work as a single MCO – UK will be expensive.

Many thanks how this has turned into an Orlando thread – very useful for me.

smartloobylou
    Participant

we’re only 15 mins from LHR – very annoying that direct flights leave from LGW only. LHR via somewhere east coast with a timely connection would work for us, as we could avoid the terrible immigration queues at MCO by clearing elsewhere. Pity we cant avoid them when we return home :0)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls