Recognition at two million CX miles?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

Thanks, all

It is mid-September, Martyn

BigDog.
    Participant

Congratulations. Maybe for the next 2mill collect through Frontier Airlines Ian – the captain then may buy a round of pizzas for the passengers to celebrate with you!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/10955623/Pilot-orders-pizza-for-delayed-passengers.html

A great example of an empowered employee who will win a bucket load of respect and loyalty let alone retold stories promoting the airline.

Vancouver702
    Participant

Hi Ian
    Congrats on the 2Million miles
    Like you I am Marco Polo diamond and CX Always upgrade on your birthday if you are flying. Be advised the cabin crew will sing to you too
    I would wait and use your free upgrade later

Hi again, Ian,

I’ve been following this discussion closely and would like to pick up your plight in the Inbox section of our next BT AP print edition.

Would you be willing to share your email(s) to CX, and their response, with us for this purpose?

If so, please email me separately.

I have forwarded this forum discussion to CX since and received message that “[it’s been] passed onto the relevant department for follow-up and their review.”

IanFromHKG
    Participant

domlalk – could you send me a direct e-mail message so that I have yours (I assume you don’t want to publish it on here!)

Hi Ian,

Actually, it might be easiest to put it up here. It’s <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]

Whoever else is reading this, feel free to also email me your queries, complaints, praise, etc. so that we can take these up with the respective carriers on your behalf.

Thank you.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I have e-mailed the correspondence to you, Dominic.

canucklad
    Participant

Dominic

It would be great if you could keep the rest of us in Europe updated here please…..

I haven’t been so excited in a story since JR got shot : )

Ta

No worries, canucklad. Will do.

We’re planning to have Ian’s dilemma featured in the next BT AP print edition.

Once that’s out I’ll post the result here.

Keep enjoying the suspense 🙂

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Do I get a free copy?

😛

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Sorry to introduce a slightly sour note to this thread but 2M miles is not that difficult if you are flying company paid business/first but rather more challenging in AF (or similar) as pensioner in economy where collection is at 25% – that certainly requires recognition?

Henryp1
    Participant

I was wondering if the 2M included tier and flying class bonus as well.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

It includes class bonuses – accrual rates are 110% for premium economy, 125% for business and 150% for first. Conversely, some of the flights are at discounted accrual rates (usually25%), and some are redemption flights earning nothing.

Cathay do not give any sort of status bonus.

Ekond222
    Participant

So Ian were you able to work out how many miles you’ve actually flown with CX metal.
    For example on using flaky BA exec dashboard I’ve flown over a million miles on BA metal….but accrued over 3 million miles since I joined back in 97.
    Saying that with my Marco Polo account I found that CX were most generous in that in the past they invited me to the Four Seasons Hotel for Christmas canapés and champagne, as well as full hospitality summer event at the races….and of course the annual A4 leather bound diary.
    One of the downsides with CX a couple of years ago was the constant use of Business Cradle seats HKG-CMB and HKG-KHI on a 9 hour flight – unheard of – even BA have flat beds on flights of 5+ hours.
    No sure I would want to spend my 50th on a flight – I would rather spend it with family and friends for the sake of an upgrade.
    But at the end of the day – well done in persevering a in cajoling a freebie one way upgrade – I just would have the time or inclination to achieve that.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

No, I haven’t attempted to work that out Ekond222, and I don’t think I will try!

I have been invited to various events over the years, but don’t recall getting a diary….

CX now class five hours plus as long-haul, IIRC, and therefore should have flat bed seats – although they used to look at each sector individually so when flying to Bombay it used to be regional aircraft as the flight stopped in Bangkok (and continued on to the Middle East – that must have been torture down the back). Nonstop long haul aircraft now, I’m glad to say!

As to the birthday flight – that is the 00:35 flight to London, and I am going there for the Offsprings’ exeat weekend and in order to spend the birthday with my family (the Memsahib will already be there), so in fact it does make perfect sense!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls