Recognition at two million CX miles?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)

• DontTurnRight
    Participant

Ian

Should have used Twitter. Have had responses within 5 minutes on a couple of occasions!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

No, LP, they didn’t. The empty seat in First was instead taken by deadheading crew. Go figure…

sparkyflier
    Participant

Frankly I think this is very, very poor from CX. Any company that cannot make time and thought to acknowledge its most loyal customers does not deserve that said loyalty going forward. In my opinion it is actually quite pathetic service as well as commercially incompetent.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I agree. Am about to cancel two return business flights to LHR – I’m flying AY instead

Andrew66
    Participant

Ive read this thread with interest , and I’m finding myself feeling really sorry for Ian , I think it’s good that CX have looked after your family ( with upgrades ) and that I’m sure makes you happy too , but I actually feel awful for you personally Ian , because from your posts on here I view you as a genuine , generous and thoughtful person and you are not being recognised fairly IMO for the loyalty you have shown .
    I know business is business etc and I’m not anywhere in the league with some of the people on here but everyone does like to be appreciated and a little thank you here and there goes a long way , I think it’s quite sad that people who have shown extreme loyalty are made to feel that they find themselves questioning their loyalty , it seems the only way to find out is how much they ” value ” your support when you ” choose ” from the many airlines in the market as their letter openly admits , perhaps time will tell ? Good luck Ian , 6 years and waiting for that elusive upgrade .

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Good point Andrew. While I got no recognition from Swiss when I passed the 1 million (status) mile mark, I do often receive a small birthday gift. Last year it was a key ring with a red leather fob like the Senator baggage tags they give you. On another occasion they met me from the plane on a stand (I was in Economy from London) with a car and gave me the HON/VIP treatment.

Once flying home on my birthday the whole crew, flight and cabin, greeted and congratulated me at the aircraft door, and even though it was only 7.30 am gave me a bottle of champagne. Shame they got the day wrong, but never mind, I didn’t let on and even drank the champagne though I don’t particularly like it.

None of this really costs Swiss any money, but the fact someone thinks about it and makes me feel special is priceless and very much appreciated by me, which is why I continue to remain very loyal to them.

canucklad
    Participant

I agree with all the above posts, and an excellent point by LP…….The little gestures that cost nothing or next to nothing financially for an organization and are worth their weight in gold as the receipts of such gestures normally become strong brand advocates. Publicity, that no amount of advertising can buy.

And Ian I would have described you as a brand advocate for Cathay, sadly because they’ve missed a major milestone in your relationship with them you’ve now come to question your affiliation. I’m not defending Cathay but maybe it’s just down to over reliance on computers and some software programmer and customer relations manager not linking up.

Unlike LP I’ve never received gifts from companies that can recognise me as a loyal customer, although I did receive a letter from the CEO of IHG for being in the top 1% of customers which made me feel very special indeed. Didn’t change the way I was treated at their Brentford hotel though… : )

And Ian, on a more personal note, last October I passed the 50 years on the planet mark….. No birthday cards from family or even texts, the day came and went without them realising. I made no fuss and although I was a wee bit disappointed I realised that they’re a forgetful bunch. I know they love me and I love them and I still haven’t let on that they forget my personal milestone. .. And to be fair, I been told I don’t look my age…… So, I suppose my point is that Cathay does love you ,she’s just hopeless at recognizing important dates in your relationship.

And just maybe she needs a bit of advice from her pal that lives in Montreal.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Perhaps you could get her pal in Montreal to give her a call…

Just checked in for my flight home. No surprises that I am in my ticketed class again…

canucklad
    Participant

Alas Ian , her pal is probably busy dealing with all the complaints that surely must be flooding in since Cathay”s pal decided to treat her guests like cattle rather than people……

Why don’t you send another email to Marco Polo and attach a link to this thread. Any company with CXs reputation would surely go into resolution overdrive to counter the bad publicity and more importantly regain your faith.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Virgin still send me birthday miles each year and I get a present every year from SPG (Singapore office)…

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Finally, a result. I sent a blistering email this morning while waiting for a shower at the arrival lounge, and a couple of hours later got an offer of a one-way, one-class upgrade. Subject to availability. Which is better than a smack in the face with a wet haddock, of course, but it still seems a bit grudging.

They offered to apply that upgrade (subject to availability) on my next long-haul flight, but I am going to ask them to defer that to the following flight. Partly because I would prefer to have the extra comfort when coming home, but also because the first flight is on my fiftieth birthday and I am curious to see whether they do the decent thing on that flight anyway!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Perhaps because it’s your birthday they offered the upgrade Ian? Well done for persevering anyway and Happy Birthday and congratulations on making the half century.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

No, it was definitely for the two-million-mile-milestone! But as I said, I hope they will do the decent thing on my birthday anyway!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

when is the big day Ian….?

canucklad
    Participant

Yes, congratulations on your half century Ian, a fine innings so far I’m sure. Not sure if you’re a cricket aficionado but here’s hoping you don’t have to many googlies to deal with on your attempt to make the ton!

Oh, and I’m sure your dearest and dearest will be more “Elephant” than “ Goldfish” : )

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls