Qatar Airways: OneWorld shambles

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 166 through 173 (of 173 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, sorry, I thought you were referring to the QR lounge

JohnHarper
    Participant

As I’m in there at the moment I can confirm that the QR lounge at LHR is reserved to QRs premium customers. More than adequate provision is made for status passengers travelling in economy class in the SkyTeam Lounge which is way above average at LHR. This is how the arrangements will continue for the foreseeable future and the changes announced only apply to the lounges in the new airport at Doha.

first_class_please
    Participant

Received an official presentation on the new HIA and lounges as follows:-

Qatar Airways lounges
    Al-Safwa – 530 seats, First class ticket holders only
    Al-Mourjan – 1,000 seats, Business class ticket holders only

First – 123 seats, Qatar Platinum, Gold and Oneworld Emerald
    Business – 176 seats, Qatar Silver and Oneworld Sapphire

All Other Airlines
    Oryx lounge – 155 seats. Can also pay QAR140 to enter this.

Seems to be very inadequate seating for card holders and for All Other Airlines.

Also Qatar Platinum = Oneworld Emerald, Qatar Gold = Oneworld Sapphire, Qatar Silver = Oneworld Ruby.

So QR card holders receive higher privileges than equivalent Oneworld card holders.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

So which lounge would mrs. LP , flying QR business with a gold card get to use?

Seems strange that the Al Mourjan lounge has only twice the number of seats of the Al Safwa lounge yet business passengers on QR outnumber F by a factor of probably 10!

IstanbulWarrior
    Participant

Same question as our Ticinese friend. If flying QR business with a QR Gold Card would it be better to go to the Al-Mourjan lounge or the First lounge?

first_class_please
    Participant

I hope to check them all out in the next 2 weeks, when I will have access to all the lounges via a Business / First class ticket and Oneworld Emerald. (depending what is actually finished)

I agree with LP that the Al-Mourjan vs Al-Safwa numbers are strange. Al-Mourjan needs many more.

I`m not sure what the capacity was in the “old” Premium Terminal to compare, but it would appear an increase.

I`ve stopped travelling on Etihad for the reason that finding a seat in their lounges is just impossible to do when travelling in their “peak wave” times of late evening / early morning.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

“So QR card holders receive higher privileges than equivalent Oneworld card holders”

I don’t have a problem with that – CX silver members (oneworld ruby) get access to CX lounges when flying CX, but don’t get lounge privileges when flying other airlines (even oneworld) – provided it doesn’t interfere with the privileges that oneworld members should be getting. If I read the post correctly, emerald members get access to an F lounge, sapphire members get access to a J lounge. That’s the oneworld promise…

BarbicanTraveller
    Participant

Had a sneaky look at the flight manifest on my Beijing to Doha flight yesterday and noted a status of “Burgundy” against one passenger in addition to the expected Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire.

Viewing 8 posts - 166 through 173 (of 173 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘Qatar Airways: OneWorld shambles’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls