Qatar Airways: OneWorld shambles

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 173 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

Slightly OT but does any QR regulars know the answer to the following Premium Terminal conundrum?

I am flying LHR to DXB via DOH. The ticket was booked as ‘Business’ although when I went to confirm it there was a message saying my flights were ‘mixed classes’. When I had a look at the itinerary I noticed that the LHR-DOH-LHR flights were in Business (D) Class and the DOH-DXB-DOH flights are in First (A) Class as the short haul A320’s are only two class – First and Business.

On my outbound flight will I be allowed to use the First Class lounge in the Premium Terminal at DOH as my connecting flight is ‘First Class’? Or does QR place further restrictions on intra-gulf/regional flights and the First Class lounge?

Answers on a postcard please 🙂

TheMidasGold
    Participant

You can use the First lounge in Doha upon arrival from LHR. This is one of the small benefits of the short regional flights to Dubai and other locations.

On your return flight, as your onward connection is in business, you will only be able to use the business class lounge.

rferguson
    Participant

Thanks Midas! I look forward to checking it out.

first_class_please
    Participant

rferguson, the Premium F and J lounges are rather similar.

Maybe a little more space in the F lounge, due to only F passengers being admitted, but that can still be quite a few people due to the short haul flights being only F&Y.

They have a spa in the F lounge, but quite amazingly, other than the massage chairs, all treatments must be paid for. Well, it was like that the first time i checked and i`ve never bothered checking since.

rferguson
    Participant

Thanks for the info guys.

I’ve been to the J lounge before and found it a little underwhelming. Not that it isn’t an amazing lounge, just that it can be a struggle to find somewhere to put ones posterior.

So will be interesting to make a comparison with the F lounge. I think you are right about the spa having a price tag on treatments first_class_please. It just seems that F class passengers get free use of the spa and sauna. I have five hours to kill in there so will endeavour to find out 🙂

TabTraveller
    Participant

Having been both in F and J there recently I don’t think there is much difference other than the F lounge being quieter. The wine/champagne selection is better (2004 Tattinger vs NV Krug IIRC) but the overall difference is probably less noticeable than between Galleries and GF in T5.

Alasdair
    Participant

rferguson, may I just ask, for someone who seems so loyal to their company BA, and is definitely pro their product, why have you booked on Qatar and why are you not giving BA your custom? Surely if you want so much to rate their product, many review sites exist to do this for you.

rferguson
    Participant

Easy reply alasdair. I love to travel as a passenger and experience new aicraft, seats, catering, lounges.

I feel no loyalty to give BA my custom. I like their product but for me it doesn’t make me feel like travelling – it makes me feel like I’m coming to work! The last thing I want to see is a BA aircraft and a BA club seat in my downtime. 🙂

I don’t always make the choices in the household about which airline we fly and when I’m not paying for it I can hardly be picky.

BA4ever
    Participant

Rferguson, I was expecting to read your reply and I was pretty sure that it would be the one you gave. It’s like owning a restaurant or being the chef and going there for dinner on your only night off. Impossible…

CB60Bangkok
    Participant

Its not just the lounge, I just tried to redeem points for a partner airline on QR website, as usual it was faulty and would not allow drop down destinations so could not complete the application form.
    Went to QR FFP service centre to get help asking them to give advise how I could claim.
    They came back and said they only deal with QR requests, go direct to the airline concerned!
    Real seemless travel and benefits, think less money on advertising membership of OW and more on staff training and updating their information centres!

superchris
    Participant

But am I correct in saying that flying economy LHR DOH I wouldn’t get to use any lounge at T4 as a BA silver/gold?

stevescoots
    Participant

Its not just QR who are not fully integrated.

I was in DFW D terminal last week and AA Admirals refused me entry on my QR emerald. They said that their systems were not yet aligned. I pointed out that this was a QR codeshare no luck, then that I am on an international transfer. They still refused as I was flying on my BAEC which is bottom tier.

I moved down to A gate and went to the Club there, same story regarding QR emerald, however they did let me in as I was international. When I got to RDU I asked in the club there and they do accept QR emerald

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, you are correct you wouldn’t.

rferguson
    Participant

Superchris you would have access to the skyteam lounge in T4 if OneWorld Sapphire/Emerald and flying Y on QR. QR has contracted this lounge for non-F/J top tiers.

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/-/loungeaccess/LHR

Don’t forget the great Malaysia Airlines lounge also in T4 if open at the time of your QR flight.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 173 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘Qatar Airways: OneWorld shambles’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls