Priority Pass card being refused

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)

• Anonymous

Charles-P
    Participant

Have others who use the Priority Plus lounge card experience of it being refused recently ? Mine was recently refused in Dubai and I understand from a colleague he had a similar experience in the USA, on both occasions it was because we were told they were in arrears with the payments so cardholders were being refused until bills were paid. As I am about to renew my card in a couple of months I am hesitant to do so if the company if facing financial difficulties.

Have others had similar experiences or know of problems with the company ?

Binman62
    Participant

Do you mean Priority Pass?

Have you aksed them why you were refused?

Maybe best if they had the opportunity to respond first.

Charles-P
    Participant

Yes of course I mean Priority Pass, thanks for noticing the typo. I emailed them about a week ago but have had no reply, my colleague did get a response saying they were investigating but offering no explanation or apology.

PriorityPass
    Participant

We can assure you that Priority Pass is certainly not in financial difficulties! If members have problems entering a lounge with a valid Priority Pass card, please contact Priority Pass membership services stating the lounge visited and the date and time of your visit, along with your Priority Pass membership card number. We will investigate the reason for non entry and do our best to rectify the issue.

Details of how to contact our membership services team can be found on our website:

http://www.prioritypass.com/Contact-us.cfm

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks PriorityPass for clarifying that and so promptly. Seeing some of your partnerships with for example Amex, I would have been very surprised if it was true.

I’m looking to join in order to take advantage of the Bidvest lounges in S. Africa and a few other countries where there is no lounge access for Miles and More.

watersz
    Participant

Neverthe less,

Three people have had difficulties , publicity Priority Pass just does not need given the substantial outlay.

Not only that one person has had no reply…..

There must be many posters here that are PP members its up to them to qualify all’s well not only the company…..

Binman62
    Participant

Priority Pass….yes thanks for the update…..however contacting you post the event does not help the card holder who may, as a result of a refusal to allow access to a lounge, have spent many hours hanging about an airport.

My personal experience of the club is that the lounges are generally quite good but that customer service and problem resolution post an event is very poor indeed. In my own case fraudulent activity using my card and which in turn generated charges I had to pay was simply swept under the carpet by you.

There are now 3 posts from lounges in 3 continents claiming that access was refused. A small number but given my own experience what further re assurance can you give your customers about lounge access and how to resolve a problem on the day rather than several weeks later.

Whilst we have PriorityPass’s attention, when are they going to address the woeful situation at LHR where they have gone from having representation at 100% of terminals to only having representation at 50% of terminals? OK, so they may have a problem with BA’s stranglehold on T5 but there are surely enough lounges at T4 for them to be able to find someone who wants to do business with them.

Charles-P
    Participant

Update today, I also emailed a few friends around the world and they extended the research on to their friends. So far today 23 instances of the card being refused in the last few weeks with a number of lounges mentioning payment problems as the reason. Looks like PP needs to give its accounts department a kick.

globetraveller360
    Participant

Guys just do what I did if you receive bad experience and the issue is not resolved with a satisfied outcome then take your business elsewhere with some one who may pay a bit more attention.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

if it happened to me, I would ask for the reason in writing, pay cash for entry and then send the bill to PP.

Binman62
    Participant

DOS…. I suspect that you would never see the money. I had guests added post the use of a lounge and nothing would move PP to waive the charge. Given their silence since early today perhaps there is something in rumours.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I have used Priority Pass for a number of years and found services and offerings improving, especially with the use of the newer lounges such as No1 Group.

My only issue was over the weekend of April 22nd when I called the sales team to query a membership offer for my in laws which I was hoping to give them as a present before they started travelling.

Call went through to S Africa call center who couldn’t answer the query, but promised to arrange a call back in the morning of Monday 24th as my in laws were travelling on the Tuesday.

A call came through on the 25th whilst I was on the phone from an unknown number, message left from P P saying they would call back, no name, no return telephone number so couldn’t return the call and nothing further heard, so sale was lost.

Why on earth a sales team hides with holds their telephone number is very confusing.

Bottom line is Priority Pass was not bought, which was a pity.

Priority Pass, you are obviously reading this thread, more than welcome to email me a sales associate telephone number for me to call martynsinclair @ hotmail . com

Thanks

feijitong
    Participant

I have been a Priority Pass cardholder for many years and have not had a card refused. But I am worried by the lack of response by Priority Pass to the comments here — being refused access is a big deal and Priority Pass should be commenting more.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls