Priority Pass card being refused

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

@LuganoPirate – 27/09/2015 06:33 BST

Interesting.

Last time but one I flew from MAN, they let me in on PP as I was only wanting to stay for 30 mins, but denied entry to a couple who were there 2 hours before their flight.

It did seem a genuine capacity issue – although the lounge was only about 60% full, they were expecting several large bookings to arrive.

NTarrant
    Participant

My experience of LBA is that the lounge is always crowded and full of holidaymakers heading for Spain et al! But have always been able to use PP, although it has been nearly a year since I last went to LBA.

I gave up with PP, communication didn’t seem to be their strong point. Asking them to send the card to a different address, they didn’t they sent it to an old address, then I wanted to change to the lower base card rather than the one with 10 visits, but heard nothing and never got a reminder or card so didn’t bother.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Dennis – my experience at LBA this year has been problem free and I would entirely endorse NTarrant’s first comment.

My only difficulty has been at Melbourne but that was not down to PP but to the United Lounge being almost continually closed.

Sad there is nothing at LHR T5, but have used PP card without problems this year in around 15 asian, usa and european airports though, if in a US airport where there is access to a Platinum Amex Lounge, would highly recommend that option

FDOS_UK
    Participant

PeterCoultas – 27/09/2015 09:47 BST

FYI there is a new PP lounge at T5 LHR

http://www.executivelounges.com/lounges/london-heathrow-terminal-5-aspire-airport-lounge

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I too, was refused access at LBA but then I realised I simply could go back around, offer my BA Gold card, and was granted access (was half asleep & confused hence offering PP card initially)

Also denied access at MAN term 2 a couple of weeks ago – lounge full (she did, however, allow access to 2 pax travelling with SQ at the same time I was denied)

I am not renewing with PP.

Dennis0705
    Participant

Thanks Michael, I appreciate the thought. I will wait and see whether there are other cases. This is not about money, it may be about deliberate corporate mis selling. Selling without the capacity to fufill the contract, potentially on a huge scale

Dennis0705
    Participant

Thanks Martyn. In all 3 occasions the Lounge was not full. However apparently all the tables were booked. Priority card members cannot reserve tables but holiday booking companies can. So in essence we do not get a Priority Pass at all….potential misrepresentation.I will wait and see what others think.

I did lodge a complaint with Priority Pass by phone, they were not helpful or aplogetic and I got no response to my complaint. 

Dennis0705
    Participant

Thanks FDOS. I understand but disagree, there is contract law, Covering Mis selling and misrepresentation. We will have to wait and see. This is a large company with over 20 million end customers globally. Thats a lot of money, if you are not delivering the contracted service.  It’s a lot of upset passengers, being refused access, like your witnessed in Manchester. I have heard a number of people referring to Manchester.

Dennis0705
    Participant

Thanks Seasoned Traveller. I will not be renewing either but I am not going to be bullied by a Corporation either. This is starting to smell bad. Thanks for the info

MartynSinclair
    Participant

From what it being discussed here the 3rd party lounges appear to use a priority system for who gets in. I accept that lounges get full.. but to be declined on one card (Priority Pass) but then accepted on another card (BA Gold) questions the ability of the lounge to operate in a professional and fair manner.

I really only use my Priority Pass in the States and Asia and have never been refused access, BUT, I would be pretty miffed if I was refused whilst a couple next in line were granted access. I think that would be a recipe for “Please can I speak to who ever is in charge here” – OR – I may just not accept the answer and walk in anyway…

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I have One more point to make about the lounge in LBA.

It is mainly frequented by beer & wine swilling holidaymakers (nothing against them per say) who have easily worked out that, at £16.00 per head for lounge access, consuming just 4 beers at airport prices means it’s effectively paid for itself.

I regularly see people beer swilling at 0700 as they await the Malaga flight.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Slightly off topic but, I wonder how many customers were lost by Diners Club when they suddenly withdrew lounge access overnight, without warning?

My company (Global with a $13BN turnover) dropped them immediately

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Martyn.

I questioned the lounge lady at MAN & was told that they guarantee access at all times, to SQ pax – make of that what you will…..

FDOS_UK
    Participant

MartynSinclair – 27/09/2015 16:43 BST

I am sure that there is a pecking order in lounges and airlines who contract will expect their pax to get in. When I lived in Malta, the lounge was overwhelmed one day and told me I couldn’t go in (on a flexible business ticket.) A quick complaint to the airline duty manager followed and he took me to the lounge and said he would find some room for his passenger, which he did in short order.

On the other hand, Priority Pass sell a card that allows entry on a space available basis, so if the lounge has a capacity of (say) 200 pax and 50 come form airline 1, 50 from airline 2 and 100 buy access from the lounge operators directly, then PP/AA card holders bite the bullet.

Unless this happens to a ridiculous degree, though, I don’t see it is mis-selling (I know you did not write that), but it does bring the value of the card into question – so caveat emptor.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I tend to agree with you FDOS..

However, I think PP need to make their customers more aware and not just hide it in the T & C’s.

Also, I wonder who gets the additional revenue when a PP card holder buys entrance. PP or the lounge…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls