Priority Pass card being refused

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

If you pay the lounge I’d imagine it’s the lounge that gets to keep the revenue Martyn.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

FDOS: – thanks for info – now will be trying T5 lounge out next week!

DiamondDad68
    Participant

I tried to use the T5 lounge last Monday lunchtime with my PP card and was refused entry due to capacity constraints. Was told that there was a waiting list and that was also full and told to try again in 45 minutes.

Dennis0705
    Participant

Thanks DiamondDad. Thanks for the info. This all helps to paint the bigger picture. From this and other research , it looks like capacity is an issue.

Charles-P
    Participant

I was the person who started this thread back in 2012 as I had been refused entry in Las Vegas. I gave up the card shortly after that when it became due for renewal. Where at one time it was common in my company for people to have them now it’s only one member of staff. The most common complaint is indeed being turned away from a lounge with the frustration that comes with that. I also had a lot of problems when I cancelled the card with them still taking the money from my credit card and then taking an age to refund it despite being told I was not renewing well in advance.

DiamondDad68
    Participant

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Just to update the thread, I was denied entry at MAN T1 a few minutes ago – both PP lounges are full.

I’ve just cancelled my card (it is due to renew on 23 November) and will seek a lower cost Airport Angel card, which won’t guarantee entry either, but will be lighter on my wallet.

If enough people cancel, then perhaps Collinson Group will get the message.

Dennis0705
    Participant

I have also just cancelled my card. I think you are right,if enough people vote with their feet they should get the message …..eventually.

SwissExPat
    Participant

As I understand it. There ares different pricing options for prospective PP cards.

One can pay a lower annual price say $90 and then a pay as you use per visit. I understand there is a second level with higher upfront and lower per use cost

Also there is an “all in” free per visit but an annual fee of in the region of $400.

Hence on entry refusal there are varying degrees of “Losers”. The higher “per visit fee cardholde” at least saves the entry fee.

The chap who has the “all in” has essentially pre paid for his/her entry. This group should get a refund.

My bank used to bundle in an unlimited PP card as part of a package (the banking package only cost €130 per annum so it was a no brainier. It also had a comprehensive travel insurance package) The bank no longer offers it and I did not renew separately with PP. it seems too expensive on its own and with these problem with cardholders being refused entry, I am glad I did not.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I have full-fat PP (i.e. no entry fee) with one of my credit cards. To date I haven’t used it a great deal since my FF status and choice of airlines/travel class normally guarantees me lounge entry anyway, but I still see it as a useful benefit. For instance, on my upcoming MH flight to London I hope to use it at the T2 arrival lounge (yes, I know MH arrive into T4, but there is no arrival lounge there!). I have used it on a (very) few other occasions. Not something I would be likely to hand over hard cash for as things stand, but if I lost my PP status (highly likely when I retire) I think it would be worthwhile. I have looked at the others, and PP does seem to have the best coverage – a really huge number of lounges. Plus, for those without oneworld status and based such that they fly BA through LHR T5, the advantage (space permitting!) of access to the only pay-in lounge in that terminal.

Incidentally I did look recently at the idea of paying for PP for Senior Offspring. But decided it (not she!) wasn’t worth it. Everything I have seen on here goes to confirm that conclusion!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

For everyone’s info, here is the response I received from PP

“Dear Mr FDOS

Thank you for your email regarding your Priority Pass membership dated 06 Nov 2015.

I can confirm that your request to cancel your membership has been received and is currently being processed.

You will receive a cancellation confirmation email once we have completed processing your request, which should be within 48 hours (Monday-Friday).

Priority Pass obviously regrets your decision to cancel your membership, should your circumstances alter and you decide to re-join as a member, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards”

WoburnMan
    Participant

Dear all,

I’m glad this topic has been discuss in length and as a newbie to PPP I’m disappointed to learn that we are being refused entry into some lounges! On a recent experience No 1 Lounge – yes it happened to me at Terminal 3 LHR departure nevertheless I did get entry into the Swissport lounge. I’ve got another trip on Tuesday out of LGW and have gone with the reserved option of £5 against my PP card not ideal however happy to go with for the time being but if it gets out of hand I will reduce my PP card to a lesser one.

stevescoots
    Participant

Up until about 3 years ago I used my PP all the time when flying LoCo’s or airlines in Europe I did not have status. never had a problem and it was a blessing. I still use it now and then in Asia when not flying the main carriers. I dont pay for mine anymore as get it free with amex but would still buy it, coupe of trips and it pays for its self

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Is it only in the UK where entry is refused..? I mainly use my PP in Europe and Asia and h avenot have any problems (yet… 🙂 )

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I suspect you have a point, Martyn.

However, I’ve terminated PP, as there won’t be a change if people don’t register the only protest that counts, e.g. revenue reduction.

FYI, I got this extra reply from PP, after I went back to the previous response and said the ball is in their court on delivering what they are selling:

“I do understand and acknowledge what has been addressed in your email. These are issues currently being dealt with however as lounges are third party owned we need to come to an agreement to a certain level. The current agreement cannot be amended just yet and until otherwise stated we understand the problem. “

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls