Oneworld Announcement Due 08/10

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)

• Anonymous

LeTigre
    Participant

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/oneworld-to-announce-new-member-qatar-expected-377073/

Looks interesting…add in this:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/30/us-qatarairways-oneworld-idUSBRE88T06J20120930

So that rules of Qatar…leaving possible announcements to include:
    -TAM joining
    -US/AA merging
    -US joining
    -Westjet joining
    -Hainan joining
    -Someone leaving (Qantas/AA? unlikely!)

Given that the announcement is being made in New York, that indicates that the new member is coming from somewhere in the Americas.

Hippocampus
    Participant

JetBlue?

Binman62
    Participant

I thought one world was based in NYC….so hardly surprising that any announcement being made there.

I for one hope it is the removal of QF, the liberal democrat member of his particular coalition and just as treacherous.

Binman62
    Participant

I thought one world was based in NYC….so hardly surprising that any announcement being made there.

I for one hope it is the removal of QF, the liberal democrat member of his particular coalition and just as treacherous.

May or may not be connected, but James Hogan said it will announce new codeshares “in the next couple of weeks” yesterday in Abu Dhabi:

http://www.businesstravellerme.com/middle-east/news/etihad-targets-more-partners

Str8Talking
    Participant

sparkyflier
    Participant

US moving from Star seems a possibility. They want to merge with AA and this would ease that progress. Also they do not feel any love in Star, now that UA is so huge following the CO merger.
    Continental moved from Skyteam to Star to ease that process.
    Qatar is a possibility as has been discussed. Meridiana in Italy could join.
    TAM joining would be great but that announcement it seems will be made next year.
    Rwandair I have already said would be an ideal African partner.

Hippocampus
    Participant

I don’t think Oneworld would hold a press event to announce the departure of a member.

My money is on either US Airways or JetBlue.

Tim2soza
    Participant

Already announced : BA taking over AA ground operations at LHR. Also, flight attendant on ORD-LAX yesterday very vocal about all the outsourcing AA is doing.

LeTigre
    Participant

Wrong, AA outsourcing is not relevant to whole alliance.

This is a Oneworld announcement.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

I await the day when there will be no AA, BA,CX etc ground handling. It will be I.A.G. handling worldwide! Huge savings there.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

BA buys KLM from AF.

transtraxman
    Participant

Please do not jump the gun.

AA and CX and most of the members of oneworld are still not in IAG.

However, I do agree with your inner thoughts that any member of oneworld should be prepared to co-operate in every sphere. This is certainly not the case at the moment. What is the relationship between BA and Dragonair ?- nothing of note – or between BA and Jetstar – or between Finnair and Dragonair or JAL ?

This comes back to a comment I have made before: “What is the point of oneworld?”

Bruce98
    Participant

BA announces a strategic partnership with Rentokil Hygiene.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls