No availability of seats with Avios…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

amazing how I just picked up a Malta – Gatwick ticket, 5 days out for Euros 35 (no bags) or Euros 72 (with bags)..

oh…. no avios seats, but I wouldn’t have used one anyway for the cost of this ticket…

NigelLondon1
    Participant

COME ON BA- TRY HARDER
    I wish could say my experience is different. Gold member with nearly 1 million miles and the reason for that- can’t spend them.
    Good example ; traveling to Antigua this Saturday. I can book 9 seats in Club today so I know they have at least 9 free. Called BA today with 6 days to go and no availability for points!! If they are so worried about the ability to sell them why not allow you to upgrade at check in on miles as they do in the US?

BRin1406
    Participant

After many weeks of trying I have finally managed to use another of my companion vouchers having just booked return tickets to Boston in June next year. First class out Club World return. Interestingly that cabin combination required half the number of Avios points as booking Club World both ways. You just have to keep trying.

Senator
    Participant

I had no problem securing (almost) what I wanted now in October using my 2-for-1 voucher issued by the BA VISA card supplier in Sweden. I was able to get First to Toronto, and Club World home from Chicago with connecting flights to/from Copenhagen.

I see many seats available to North America in late October and beginning of November. It does however, require patience and time. My bigger gripe is the £400+ in fuel surcharges and taxes per person. When I used my Avios to book FCO-CLT and PHL-FCO on US Airways it cost me £35 and £1.50 respectively

first_class_please
    Participant

BRin1406 – either a system error, or you may not have what you think you have.

Business is 40,000 each way, First 60,000.

So out First and back Business would be 100,000.

Business round trip would be 80,000.

BRin1406
    Participant

f_c_p
    The points used were 100K as you rightly say, but when I initially selected CW both ways for 2 it came up with 200k points. I returned to the beginning and selected First out & Business pack it came up with 100K As you say possibly a system error.

Tim2soza
    Participant

I have just forfeited my 1 class upgrade for 2 voucher (earned for 2500 TP’s last year) – despite incessant attempts to use it. So much for rewarding loyalty. Emirates East is my policy now, BA only for US trips.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

I have about 100K avios in the “bucket” but tend to only use them between LCY,T5 and Terminal 6 at Schiphol and up to now have always got the flights that I wanted so in that respect have no complaints with Willys Club. Might try next time from Edi/Gla which could be better if APD is reduced /cancelled by new Independent Scottish Government….YES..

Capetown2k
    Participant

just used my amex 2 41 on first to bgi

agree its hard work using them but can be done, I’ve also used them for wine and hotel booking on the ba website

TheRealBabushka
    Participant

LOL!
    That’s what they’re peddling now is it?

SimonS1
    Participant

BAEC are delighted to announce the wine selection has been urgraded to include Blue Nun, Liebfraumilch and Asti Spumante.

BigDog.
    Participant

Phew -good to hear my supplies of Hirondelle and Mateus Rose will not be impacted.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Hirondelle..wonderfull red… is it still available?…used to come in 3 litre bottles. I gave it up around 1975 when I discovered Beau-joli-Nuvo……est arrive…but then it was definately the “in” drink. Seem to remember was from a combination of grapes in and from Switzerland which was a wee bit unusual….however..tres joli..hic

stevescoots
    Participant

2 weeks ago I was silver with BA, zero availability on avios to HKG in December, I then went gold and there several options and I booked one. looks like status does open up more flight options

KiloOscarJuliet
    Participant

Well technically, GCH are given more of a benefit, a) with the increased availability in WT, but also with the Gold Priority Reward. Althouh personally i wouldnt even bother – 300K avios to the west coast in F doesent seem quite worth it… The other option ofcourse is to check for 50 weeks in advance or the day before… you might get lucky..

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls