Newspapers and Magazines in Lounges – BA & Virgin.

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

• BT
    Keymaster

@DavidSmith2. We are told by that airline that customers don’t want printed media. So if you think otherwsie do tell BA and they may listen or alternatively use airline lounges that do provide this service – for example Virgin, Emirates, Lufthansa, United, Eurostar, Cathay….. So for example in T3 you could use the highly regarded Cathay Lounge rather that the BA Lounge.

ASK1945
    Participant

Chris, thank you for your continued interest. I had already tried that without success. I have just deleted my local library account altogether on my phone and then tried to set it up again with my library card number and pin: it doesn’t find my local library at all, now! In fact, most of the “hot spots” in my area of North London seem to have disappeared from the Pressreeader map since this morning.

I am going to try and set it up again by going into the library with my phone and tablet. It may be a problem with the library-Pressreader interface, which I guess they may know about now.

Chris in Makati
    Participant

Are you sure your library card is actually still valid? My City of Westminster library card was cancelled automatically, apparently because I hadn’t used it for a while. I’m not sure if accessing PressReader keeps it active or whether you need to log into your library account or use it for something else to keep it alive.

pdwtrip
    Participant

Noticed that on my last long haul BA Trip in December received my ‘time to fly’ email and there was no link to Press Reader. In the past that email had the link included and allowed download at home the day before of papers/magazines to read on the flight.
    Was this an BA IT ‘special’ or has this feature now been dropped?

ASK1945
    Participant

Thanks for the further tip, Chris. I will check this with the library. But, as I wrote, the local library had “disappeared” from the list of Lopndon libraries, so the problem may not be limited to me.

maxgeorge
    Participant

On an AA flight out of T3 recently, I used, as previous posters have noted, the rather more welcoming QF Lounge.

A small selection of magazines and newspapers were available.

Chris in Makati
    Participant

@maxgeorge
    . I’m also flying out of T3 on Sunday and looking forward to trying the Amex Centurion Lounge for the first time.

1 user thanked author for this post.

maxgeorge
    Participant

Never tried a centurion Lounge, Chris.

They have balut…?

Chris in Makati
    Participant

T3 in MNL maybe, probably not T3 at LHR.

1 user thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

My thanks to Forum members who made suggestions about how I could get back on to Press Reader.

It stopped working after I downloaded an update last week. All my devices were affected and the App did not then recognise my account nor the library through which I was registered. I tried again today and there was another update requested – which did the trick. Straight in on all my devices, which all recognised my account.

Seemingly, the problem was last week’s update which must have had a bug. What I don’t understand is why Press Reader did not make note of this online.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls