New Food for Club World

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 127 total)

• DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Martyn

The reference you are seeking is at the bottom of this page

http://press.ba.com/?cat=21

KeaneJohn

Those premium passengers are obviously all suffering from mass hysteria, after all Vintage Krug says “There is certainly a something special flying http://www.ba.com/first and whatever it is, other newcomers struggle to capture that je ne sais quoi..”

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

@VK, last in BA F about six weeks ago, it was as mediocre as it always is. If you get out more and try SQ, EK, EY, CX, QF, LX and LH you might come round to my way of thinking. Premium C is about right for it.

@DoS I have obviously never got the ‘je ne sais quoi’ either! Have you?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Like tripadvisor, I don’t set much store by the internet review sites.

There have been issues with grumpy crew (against the context of a hard-won strike), less than stellar catering (there were cutbacks, but personally I’ve never had a bad meal in F, sticking to soup and the Loch Fyne catch of the day), and the nasty champers (now changed). The new cabin is now more consistently seen across the network, and the new fleet is about to be ordered.

Today sees the new advertising campaign, and further premium training starts very shortly for cabin crew (both Mixed and Legacy Fleet) to make the “To Fly.To Serve” motto not just an aspiration, but reality.

This is all good news for F travellers.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“Like tripadvisor, I don’t set much store by the internet review sites.”

Of course not, dear.

No lie down in a dark room and take your medicine.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

@LPPSKrisflyer

“@DoS I have obviously never got the ‘je ne sais quoi’ either! Have you?”

I think I had it, last time I took the airborne disco from LCA to LHR.

It was so overcooked, this was all I could think 🙂

VintageKrug
    Participant

The airborne disco (which was horrific!) has now been fixed, apparently. Not before time.

RichHI1
    Participant

Airborne disco sounds intriguing…. Maybe the Virgin 380 layout?

First-Pax
    Participant

Funny that VK – I’m still waiting for a consistently good, properly served meal in F on BA. I find the Loch Fine offering is usually overcooked, and/ or smells less than fresh.

Let’s hope the premium training for the crew works this time. Are there any plans to re-educate the BA ‘managers’ who specify the First product?

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s Loch Fyne, not Loch Fine.

I’ve always enjoyed delicious soup in F, and never had a bad Loch Fyne offering. The Steam Ovens being specified for the new fleet will make it easier for crew to ensure food doesn’t get dried out.

RichHI1
    Participant

My experience was fish ex LHR was not a bad choice (except when my Seafood meal was Monkfish wrapped in Bacon – luckily they swapped it fro a regular Loch Fyne option.) Fish ex PVG ex GRU and exMEX was universally horrible. Interesting as seafood in First DragonAir (CX) to HKG ex PVG was good and Seafood exGRU on TAM in First was superb. I think the sourcing arrangements in some foreign markets are suboptimal. Similar problems ex PVG on Air FRance where the seafood option in First was unspeakable.

First-Pax
    Participant

Typo VK – but thanks for the correction.

Fyne isn’t always fine though. So let’s hope the steam ovens (no need for capitals) work.

RichHI1
    Participant

Interestingly Fyne is an alternate speling for Fine in Old Scots meaning to bring to an end. So maybe they will move into desserts too…

I agree with you on the Bacon. Similar argument when BA used to include a non seafood appetizer on sea food meal (they have stopped this silly practice now).

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@DoS, many thanks for the link, but I recall it used to be part of the main BA web site – seems no more, probably too few take up.

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Interesting comments VK, you don’t seem to rate the opinions on Internet forums but preach from the Bible that is British Airways on here. Does that mean that your comments here are worthless?

From my point of view from those reviews (more than one of them) it makes me think about spending my hard earnt miles or spending money on something so disappointing.

Travellator
    Participant

Fish Wrapped in Bacon !

Many excellent recipes including some by Jamie Oliver.

Cod wrapped in Bacon is a traditional English dish.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 127 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls