New British Airways longhaul routes for summer 2011?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

• craigwatson
    Participant

Sorry, yes thats correct, no first

VintageKrug
    Participant

Yes http://www.newclubworld.com and WT, WT+.

We are seeing the advantages of BA’s new lower cost structure being realised quickly; the new Mixed Fleet will most likely (not confirmed!) operate services such as this which were marginal under previous cost structures, but which will be profitable under the Mixed Fleet structure.

My apologies, the release stated “from April” but in fact that referred to the LAX-MAD service being introduced by Iberia.

Any word on timings yet?

craigwatson
    Participant

departing LHR at 15:05 arrive SAN at 18:15, then on the return depart SAN 20:05 arrive LHR 14:25 the next afternoon

Bucksnet
    Participant

“Jaysdave – 06/10/2010 06:11 GMT
    Please let it be a LHR – COL – HKG flight………..”

COL is the airport for the Isle of Coll on the west coast of Scotland.

Travellator
    Participant

So arrival at 14.25 means arrivals lounge closed ?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Indeed it closes at 2pm, but by then your hotel room will be available for check-in (the main reason for an Arrivals lounge is to bridge the gap between arrival and check in).

In practice you often arrive early on West Coast flights (my most recent flight arrived 45 mins early so I made the Arrivals Lounge no problem).

Travellator
    Participant

Thanks – normally we do Arrivals then connect ASAP to BHD – no hotel ! Agree most w to e arrive early.

gregd75
    Participant

It’d be awesome if BA added onto the San Diego flight- for example flying onto Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta or even Acapulco.

I thought the recent announcement from Ibreia that they will launch a new route something like Madrid – Belize city – Panama city – Madrid was very interesting. Serving two smaller destinations, relatively close together so passengers would go round in the circle for the round trip.

Heathrow – San Diego – Los Cabos – Heathrow would open up a whole new tourism market.

Whale watching in the pacific would be sensational!

mikewebley
    Participant

New San Diego route from June 11 is good, when I have to change at LAX, my suitcase does not make the connection.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi TravelwaveBerlin !

Oh yesss….the adherence of Air Berlin to Oneworld will give fantastic opportunities for people in Germany who want to fly also BA Openskies from ORY to EWR and IAD …..Berlin/Orly will be a feeder/defeeder then !!!..among others ..looking forward !

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

Great news on SAN – but their prcing seems very high – compared to LAX and PHX which i use currently
    Buisness Class is showing at least £1400 more expensive than LAX
    can this be correct ?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Prices are always a bit crazy in the first few weeks of sale; this was exactly the same for the Las Vegas route roll out.

I would expect prices to moderate significantly nearer launch.

Lozzauk
    Participant

From what I’m hearing, BA are bringing possibly up to 2 777-200ER aircraft from LHR to LGW during spring 2011. Cancun has just recommenced after almost 8 years from LGW and new route to San Juan begins early 2011. I’m hearing other routes ARE to be launched in spring 2011 from LGW. Seychelles and Mombasa are the routes, both operating via sharm el sheikh. And from what I’m hearing Detroit will be announced shortly from LHR, with las Vegas transferring down to LGW.

NewBAexec
    Participant

Seychelles and Mombasa would be great but why via Sharm El Sheikh, these flights are always very busy. If they start those two new routes they will have to be direct.

I’m waiting for them to announce Havana and Goa. Virgin is increasing flights to Cuba from 2 to 3 a week next spring, so BA should be competing with them on that route and I believe will do so much better than Virgin.

NewBAexec
    Participant

….And Colombo.

Although I strongly believe if BA resumes flights to Colombo, it will be out of LHR.

I do not see Las Vegas, coming to LGW as it is doing very well out of LHR. Apparently McCarran Int. airport signed a deal with BA for the flights to only fly out of LHR.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls