New British Airways longhaul routes for summer 2011?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)

• gregd75
    Participant

i stand corrected.

Interestingly, this BA flight 7302 is a Qantas flight to Auckland and onward to Melbourne.

I read a previous post mentioning about BA returning to Melbourne… taking this route could kill two birds with one stone!

(Of course I know it wouldn’t happen… just wishful thinking)

andski1975
    Participant

So now we know: Tokyo Haneda and – yes! – Buenos Aires (**smug grin**)

“* More news from BA is the announcement that it will serve Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo with separate flights from March 27 next year. Currently the route stops first in Sao Paulo before continuing to the Argentine capital.”

andski1975
    Participant

So now we know: Tokyo Haneda and – yes! – Buenos Aires [smug grin]

“More news from BA is the announcement that it will serve Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo with separate flights from March 27 next year. Currently the route stops first in Sao Paulo before continuing to the Argentine capital.”

Binman62
    Participant

gregd75…..BA operated to MEL for many years and then withdrew only to return when BA was under the control of Rod Eddington. It was widely rumoured at the time that the decision to return to MEL had less to do with commercial interest than the convenience of the then chief executive who lived there!!! Probably utter nonsense but a great rumour. Interestingly as soon as he left (having, to his eternal shame, grounded Concorde) BA withdrew again…….. Funny that!!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Well done Andski!

andski1975
    Participant

Total guess work I’m afraid but good news!

VintageKrug
    Participant

It is good news. And likely more to come.

The Fat Lady has yet to sing.

The key constraint at Gatwick is lack of longhaul aircraft. But with even more 747s now being brought back from the desert (I have rather lost count, but I think all four which were “furloughed” are being brought back now) taht should free up s-class 777 capacity at LHR for some of those birds to transfer to LGW.

Watch this space…

Tidmtrax
    Participant

They appear to of removed first from the LHR Mauritius route from May.
    Have a booking out in F April (still in F) and should of returned F in May, now changed to CW (see seperate winge)

Roster of “New 777” only 3 class!

I would of thought this route would of attracted plenty of F potential.

Bullfrog
    Participant

“Plenty of F potential in high season for Mauritius … ie November to February, especially over Christmas”.

Maybe F will be rostered back in November.

TravelwaveBerlin
    Participant

As a german traveler from Berlin i m looking forward when Air Berlin becomes part of oneworld.So British Airways flight to LHR could carry on and Air Berlin flights to LGW in order to ensure as feeder routes for the flights ex LGW.

This flights from LGW and LHR are more profitable with multiple passengers from Air Berlin inbound citys:-))
    And I could finally fly with BA to MCO and the Caribbean

Jaysdave
    Participant

Please let it be a LHR – COL – HKG flight………..

VintageKrug
    Participant

Looks like SAN DIEGO is back from April, operated by British Airways!

Excellent news!

Travellator
    Participant

Do you know when San Diego will be officially announced ?
    777 or 747
    As extension to LAX or direct ?
    Too many questions ?

craigwatson
    Participant

Actually it starts from 1st June, and it is direct from LHR on a 777 3 class aircraft

Travellator
    Participant

Thanks !

So CW WTP and WT ?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls