Most outrageous airline charges

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)

• MarcusGB
    Participant

Alex, where do The Airlines stand now, if they are levying booking or card charges, when the law on such charges was supposed to be putting a stop to this?

Who enforces the UK charges, when they are clearly over that which the Law, says now should cover only the transaction fee?

KLM actually do charge for the use of a credit card, 10 Euros on The Dutch site, and if your’e booking ex UK, they charges £4.50.

Some of the Consolidators levy a %, especially to use an Amex card ( know they levy higher usage fees). Buying a Business Class ticket and then finding they add on £20-40 for a long haul in credit card charges was when the legislation came out, supposed to no longer able to be charged!

So Alex, what is the position in terms of the legislation, as applied to Airline’s, fee all varying, for Travellers when booking?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

I wish I knew, Marcus. These fees vary so much I believe they can be viewed as little more than ancillary charges.

Unlike Swiss, BA levies no booking fee in Switzerland when you use ba.com But if a passenger were to purchase the same ticket from BA’s airport ticket counter then he/she would pay a service fee of CHF50 for short-haul and CHF90 for a long-haul flight.

Here in the UK, the same transaction (for either a short- or long-haul flight) at the airport would cost GBP15.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/service-fees/public/en_gb

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls