Middle Eastern carriers’ service standards drop

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)

• FirstTraveller
    Participant

I flown EK and EY in first class and business class recently.

OK it is a nice products but still no WOW factor that I get whenever I fly SQ or LH or even BA first class.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

FirstTraveller – 12/06/2013 15:04 GMT
    OK it is a nice products but still no WOW factor that I get whenever I fly SQ or LH or even BA first class.

I fly EK 1st often, am WOW’d each and every time.

I’m curious though, as I must be missing something, what is it that you think BA offers in the “WOW” department that EK doesn’t?

Rgds.
    AOTG.

SimonS1
    Participant

Difficult to reach any judgement without knowing what was actually said?

Pleased to see Kruggles bumping another thread with some pointless posting. You must be getting desperate.

How did your grilling of the great man go BTW, I’m surprised that with your importance and stature in the travelling fraternity we haven’t heard about immediate catering changes.

Ahmad
    Participant

FirstTraveller,

Would you please elaborate? I do not fly first much as it is no longer available on most of my regular routes. I feel the first service on Emirates definately lacks the personalisation one gets on say Singapore, but otherwise the product is at par with the others. Infact the couple of times I have flown on their A380s have been the most pleasant flights I have taken. Although that may have been due to the aircraft.

rferguson
    Participant

Flew Etihad J class SYD-AUH-LHR last week.

Very comfy seats.

The highlight for me was the catering – it was exceptional and the range on offer was phenomenal (three starters, four of five mains, three dessert choices). All the food was plated in the galley and akin to what i’ve had in F on several other airlines. They offered ‘dine on demand’ in J which is a nice touch. But I must say I found it a bit annoying when my greedy seat mate (I was travelling solo) chose to avail of this service FOUR times during the SYD-AUH leg. Each time I was woken up by the table being set up, reading light switched on, the ‘would you like…’ dialogue. I think it would be better to stick to the two main meal services and the anytime ‘snacks’ that don’t require the whole table set up.

The crew were nice enough. Obvious a couple newbies. In J class I saw four crew – an Indian chap, a Ukranian girl, a thai girl and another chap that came from Algeria. To say that there was little interaction between them was an understatement.

However, value for money on the route is exceptional in comparison to many other airlines. Big thumbs up! Especially if you like your food!

SimonS1
    Participant

Interesting thread today on Flyertalk discussing BA v EK.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1475121-ba-long-haul-j-v-emirates-j.html

I’m sure VintageKruggles will be on there later to balance it up. Oh, hang on……

Simon

I had a quick look at your link. Do you think I would be better off on flyertalk as I am not a ‘Biz traveller’? How would you compare the two forums? Serious question.

SimonS1
    Participant

Alexpo1 – I find Flyertalk a lot more active and there are a lot of knowledgeable people to help with any questions. That includes business travellers and leisure travellers alike. The sections on FFPs are very good.

Also any events or incidents tend to get reported more quickly.

Plus I find the opinions honest and balanced and it is not polluted by people like VK who have an agenda.

Airpocket3
    Participant

I see VK still hasn’t managed to make many friends for himself here.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Let’s remember that Krug was banned from FlyerTalk, just mention the handle in the BA forum and watch the reaction among the older posters.

Airpocket3
    Participant

What would it take to ban him from the BT fora?

Biztraveller74
    Participant

Hmm…maybe I m raising the elephant in the room but why would anybody ever be banned unless they have comments affecting other’s dignity or illegal suggestions?
    If someone in the forum is not of one’s liking, just ignore.
    I see VK provides some interesting news / info on airline industry that are useful to many of us, even if he has a biast, who does not!
    I am an emirates fan, and I hope I am never going to be ostracised for my opinions/ beliefs, otherwise this would be dictatorial.

SimonS1
    Participant

Biztraveller – there is a difference between being a supporter/fan and using every opportunity to pursue an agenda, boring other users rigid in the process.

In VintageBoop’s case this means bumping old threads to push others off the homepage, excessive promotion (Taste of London), providing an echo for other posts (of the “good to see….” nature) and generally trying to prove one’s self importance at every opportunity.

There can only be one person in the world who travels BA every day of the year and has a perfect undelayed journey each time.

I too am a supporter of EK, however I am not so blind as to try and defend them at every turn as like most airlines they have plenty of areas where they can improve, especially on the service front.

I guess FlyerTalk and its users saw through it all. I didn’t know Kruggles was banned but I do know the last time his name was mentioned the mods quickly intervened.

Airpocket3
    Participant

I’m confused, are VintageKrug and VintageBoop one and the same person?

craigwatson
    Participant

You people really need to grow up, you are much worse than VK, he is one person and it is quite easy to just skip over his posts if you are so inclined, but there are a few of you stalking his every move that you dominate any thread he participates in.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls