Manchester Airport to charge for trolleys..

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)

• dutchyankee
    Participant

Martyn, that situation has already arrived in Schiphol as a number of people in cities throughout Holland where their grocery stores may not be open on Sunday go to Schiphol Village for their grocery shopping, coffees, lunch, and then back on the train and off home again. Similar in Brussels, where almost everything is closed in Belgium on Sunday, people are going to Brussels airport by train to go to the Delhaize (grocery store) outlet there and to one of the only two Starbucks in the country. But hey, at least the trolleys are still free in both!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I suppose nothing should surprise me anymore!

Will the Emirates 380 ever be replaced by Walmart / Tesco / Sainsbury logo at the tunnel of LHR? Could Starbucks pay enough for the airport to be renamed London Starbucks Airport!

Mind you, the football stadiums have gone down that route……………

ivornomates
    Participant

Foreigners coming to UK, !!!! you are having a laugh they are all here now, was the only white guy in T1 last week, very daunting experience, this s%^thole of an excuse for an airport has to be one of the worst in Europe. Yet you wouldnt know your in Europe when you are there. A few months ago a colleague from Eastern Europe commented that she felt she was in Muslim temple. Of course these comments are now deemed incorrect in the tail wagging the dog society called UK

dutchyankee
    Participant

@ivornomates, ‘Of course these comments are now deemed incorrect in the tail wagging the dog soceity called UK.’ Actually those type of comments are considered racist and repugnant in any decent society. Vote BNP much I imagine! This thread was about Trolley charges, not your political rant on race and nationality.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Agree with you there Dutch. Being charitable I like to think Ivornomates was having a bad day!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

At MXP yesterday, saw two Japanese ladies giggling as they sneaked off with someone else’s trolley. Had to have a silent laugh even though what they did was totally wrong and had it happened to me I’d be most annoyed. They obviously did not have coins and it was the way they did it that was amusing, not the act.

RichHI1
    Participant

Apparently you can arrrive at Manchester and avoid Immigration but not cart charges…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-17637198

ivornomates
    Participant

whats racist about been made to feel totally out of place in your own country by hundreds of foreigners who all stare at you as you dont belong there ? I dont live in UK so cant vote for any of the idiots who claim to be politicians. I am actually a foreigner in the country I now reside and if I tried pulling any of the stunts that the UK lets foreigners do I would be very quickly made to leave. The policy where I live is you integrate and adapt of get lost. My comment was towards the comment for foreigners arriving into Manchester, to me it looks they all have arrived already

RichHI1
    Participant

Thinking there are too many coreigners in the UK is not racist, though perhaps Xenophobic. Where I believe your post causes offence is in reference to non Whites and religious groups.
    Though to be accurate if the foreigners were still in immigration they are not already in UK.
    On your second point, I think it is fair to expect immigrants to integrate but unreasonable to expect them to lose their ancestry, culture and religious beliefs.

nroekel
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I would like to travel from Amsterdam Schiphol to London. I am planning to go by car to Schiphol. Do you have any idea where I can find a cheap parking? I found this site Parkeren Schiphol, but they don’t have an English version and the official parking of Schiphol is really expensive.

Regards,

Nick.

RichHI1
    Participant

I would go to Schiphol by train. The service to Schiphol is one of the best in Europe wih local, express, inyernational and High Speed services. Also NS represents far better value than British Rail companies do. Just do not talk in the quiet coach shhhhhh!

SteveJohnsonIn0z
    Participant

I’ve seen a few airports try this lark and after a while go back to making the trolleys free. Great way to welcome travellers from overseas, hit them up for a pound and not even make it refundable – this is terrible, trolleys should be part of an airport’s ‘service’, not a Ryanair-style add-on!!

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls