Malaysia in oneworld

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

Hi all

Does anyone have up-dated information on Malaysia joining oneworld, other than that it is scheduled for 1st February? I am contemplating MH flights on 2nd February and wanted to ensure that I will get lounge access and full credit with BA for this journey before booking.

SimonS1
    Participant

The press release seems quite clear, however usually teething issues occur with these things…….

Bucksnet
    Participant

With MH joining oneworld and BA not having any flights to KUL, I would of thought that BA would end its codeshare with CX via HKG and instead codeshare on the double daily A380 non-stops.

apmeredith
    Participant

I’m based in Kuala Lumpur and all of the press released by MH here recently is geared to them joining OneWorld as of 1 Feb. However, the MH website has been a bit of a mess recently since an upgrade to it in preparation for joining, so as SimonS1 mentioned, there could be some teething problems. Good luck!

TominScotland
    Participant

Thanks, apmeredith. At the moment I am scheduled to fly with them in Economy from Singapore and then onwards from KL on 2nd February so shall present myself at the MH First/ Business Lounges prior to flying and report back on my experience.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Just remember to keep your boarding passes and ticket so that you can claim credit after the event if necessary!

rlcwong
    Participant

Unfortunately my worry that my mileage from flying MH would be gone missing under my CX Marco Polo account turned out to be real. Despite sending in all my boarding pass and e-ticket, the result came back saying I have claimed my mileage under another program! This is really unbelievable, as I have only showed my Marco Polo card when I checked in and the number appeared on all the boarding passes (my ticket class was eligible for accruing mileage on Marco Polo). Throughout all the sectors on MH, they honored me as Emerald member. How could MH reject my missing mile claim through CX? Does MH really want other One World frequent flyers taking their flights? I never had the same problem when I flew other One World airlines like BA, QF, JL etc.

first_class_please
    Participant

rlcwong, if MH say they have been claimed under another program, namely CX, when did you take the flights?

I`m sure they ask to wait up to 6 weeks for partner flights to actually be credited to your account.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Rlcwong, did you claim to MH or CX for the missing mileage?

century303
    Participant

Rlcwong, I had the same problem with with MH on 2 sectors in April (PVG – KUL and KUL-SNG) that were not credited to my BA account. MH claimed the miles were credited to another program (their own) on one sector and that I was a ‘no show’ on the other. The nice chap on the BA Gold number told me they having lots of similar problems with MH at present and asked me to email copies of my boarding passes which I have done. They have credited one sector and BA advises me that the second will be credited shortly.

As Ian from HK rightly advises – keep hold of your boarding pass and tickets for situations such as this.

rlcwong
    Participant

Ian_from_HKG, I claimed through CX as I am not MH member

century303, I read a complaint letter from Business Traveller this month, not sure if that’s from you. I do keep all the boarding passes and had already forwarded to CX 2 weeks ago when they tried to help chasing my missing mileage from MH. It’s bee 4 months since MH joined One World and if they still have this kind of problem, I wonder why MH was approved to join One World in the first instance.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Rlcwong, to repeat f_c_p’s question, when was the flight? The rules do say you should wait 6 weeks (although I must confess I am never that patient, but IME partner carriers do take much longer to come through)

rlcwong
    Participant

I took my flights in mid-May. I know about the 6-week rule but when I called up CX the other day, they suggested I should submit my claim as soon as possible.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls