Malaysia in oneworld

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

Just checked in for a MH flight at Changi – boarding pass has my BA number and status clearly printed on it and I was directed to the Lounge without asking. Will report how long it takes to get the Avios credited….

rlcwong
    Participant

I wonder how long will that take to successfully claim back all the missing miles. Does anyone know a way to give MH some pressure to fix up this problem? I am now reluctant to fly MH if the mileage problem persists.

AWARD2001
    Participant

Having same issue – travelled LHR-KUL-LGK and return in Business.
    BA card on reservation and appeared on (some boarding passes) but no Avios. BA say MH have credited to their own programme though I am not a member of Enrich. Am in the process of following up with MH.
    NB V disappointed with seat (bed) on MH A380.

century303
    Participant

Tom, my boarding passes clearly showed my BA number but there was still issues. My Avios have yet to be credited for the PVG-KUL leg even though BA tell me they should be in soon. Keep a close eye on them.

rlcwong, it wasn’t me but I gather many are having the same problem (it is always a no show or the miles have already be credited to their own programme). I guess there will always be teething problems but you would think the new kid on the block would be wanting to get it right.

rlcwong
    Participant

century303, so far from those I’ve heard, mostly are BA members, have you heard any other One World members also having same issue (seems I’m the only one from CX so far)?

It is already 4 months since MH joined One World and I didn’t expect this absurd thing would happen as it would have direct impact on One World frequent flyers choosing to fly MH. I wonder what would happen to our mileage when we fly UL and QR after they joined later this year?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I haven’t flown MH for ages and even then it was a codeshare with KA (and our tickets had the KA code), so I had no trouble getting my CX points and miles, but we frequently have difficulty getting BA to credit our CX (Marco Polo / Asia Miles) accounts. Part of the problem we have is that long-haul we usually buy economy or PE and upgrade with miles to business. When we do, it seems that BA regard it as a redemption ticket and simply don’t credit any miles/points at all, even though we should be getting them at the rate applicable to the underlying purchased seat from which we upgraded. Otherwise, our experience has been that a call to Marco Polo gets it sorted out very quickly, so I am surprised to hear you are having such difficulty

rlcwong
    Participant

Ian_from_HKG: I have no problem with BA crediting miles into my Marco Polo account. It is difficult to get upgraded on BA from WTP to CW as CX cannot book us on waitlist so I have to call up every time to check if there’s any available seat on CW for upgrade.

Actually even for upgrading within CX from Premium Econ to Business the points shown on my account would become Economy so I have to call them to fix that up every time

rlcwong
    Participant

Just noticed my mileage has already been credited in my Marco Polo account. Therefore my advise to everyone is to keep your boarding passes and e-ticket copy, as well as keep chasing the frequent flyer club you belong to.

Londonian
    Participant

Although I appreciate there are some problems in getting the miles credited as discussed here, one clear advantage of MH joining Oneworld, is the greatly increased availability of seats when using Avios when heading out to the region. I very easily managed to snaffle a one way first class to KL on MH in September for 100 000 Avios points. Previously I was never able to get seats to Singapore in any class for nearly any date. This is a great advantage to me.

TominScotland
    Participant

There would appear to be some integration issues on the ground. I checked in at Phnom Penh for an MH flight and was denied Lounge access with my oneworld Emerald card, even though the Lounge had the Malaysia Airlines sign at the door. Apparentely, this third party lounge were only accepting Enrich members plus Business Class and I was helpfully told that I could use the lounge at KLIA……

IanFromHKG
    Participant

As a third party lounge, they may have been taking advantage of “access only if space available” get-out in the oneworld lounge access rules. Disappointing, though…

TominScotland
    Participant

My BA account has just been credited for three MH flights I took last week so problems seem to have been resolved.

CXDiamond
    Participant

TominScotland – 21/06/2013 14:11 GMT

Surely you weren’t traveling in economy class? How awful for you 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls