Lufthansa to launch Limo transfers in UK on First Class Bookings

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

• AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Thanks so much for the comprehensive reply Senator.

Is their business class good too? I will be flying EDI – FRA so the time on the ground will be dependent upon the EDI take off time.

I might end up with EK from GLA as I have a load of miles I can use for the upgrade, but the price from Lufthansa was most competitive!

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Senator
    Participant

I would take Swiss Business Class over LH Business Class to PVG. No, I can’t recommend LH Business Class the same way as First.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Senator – 03/05/2013 11:31 GMT
    I would take Swiss Business Class over LH Business Class to PVG. No, I can’t recommend LH Business Class the same way as First.

Great advice, thanks again.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

esselle
    Participant

LP/AOTG

That makes us the three wise men…….

AOTG can recommend the S8 and RS6 from Audi, both an absolute hoot to drive.

On the thread related to fixed business class cabins, VK informed me that, as I live in Cheshire, I am not the target customer for BA’s premium cabins, which is interesting to know. Which I think makes the proposal from LH even more of a threat to BA who are planning, if I read BB’s comment correctly, to replace their old fleet of 767’s with Black cabs.

Senator
    Participant

Just took a look at published fares from EDI and GLA on LH to PVG. In business, these fares are exclusive of fuel and taxes which I suspect add around £400 from EDI/GLA:

ZRFGB LH Z Round-Trip 1500.00(GBP) Semi-flex
    DFFGB LH D Round-Trip 1800.00(GBP)
    Flex. full earning into Miles & More and upgradeable

These are stellar standard fares in Business Class. First Class starts at:
    ARCGB2 LH A Round-Trip 4980.00(GBP) F

Compared to what I see exARN, this is exceptional!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Here is the full Q&A of the BA black cab promotion

http://www.britishairways.com/cms/global/pdfs/blackcabFAQ-s_Trade_version.pdf

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/ba-tempts-top-passengers-with-free-ride-in-a-black-cab-6785703.html

I must point out this whole this was before my time so i never used it.

VK, can you please help me out here!!!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

“What vehicles are used?

19. What vehicles will be used?

Computer Cab plc are a mixed fleet supplier, offering the iconic licensed London Black Cab and Executive Cars, including Mercedes-Benz, BMW or vehicles of a similar or superior standard.

20. How big are the vehicles?

The vehicles offered are able to carry a maximum of three passengers with a maximum of three suitcases. The front passengers’ seat in the Licensed Cab is used for transporting luggage.

21. Why is there a mixed fleet being offered?

A mixed fleet is being used to ensure the best possible service for our customers. A Black Cab will be provided for those journeys with a London pick up or destination address. This will ensure that the drivers can take the fastest route as all taxi drivers have passed “The Knowledge” and are able to use the bus lanes.
    All longer journeys will be carried out by an Executive Car and this will ensure comfort for our customers on those longer journeys.

22. Can customers choose what vehicle they book?

Computer Cab plc will allocate the customers’ vehicle based on distance to the airport. London Black Cabs will be used for greater London addresses, whilst Executive Cars will be used to cover longer distances. On occasions it may be necessary to use an Executive Car to service a journey within the greater London zone.

23. Can customers take other passengers in the vehicle with them?

As long as all passengers are travelling to the same destination they
    can travel in the customer’s vehicle. Please note that the vehicles offered are able to carry a maximum of three passengers with a maximum of three suitcases. The customers’ journey must start or
    finish at London Heathrow Terminal 5.”

http://www.britishairways.com/cms/global/pdfs/blackcabFAQ-s_Trade_version.pdf

esselle
    Participant

So this was a trial, run for a few weeks in spring 2009, and seemingly not aimed at premium pax, but at members of the BAEC (even blue tier).

Anybody know what happened?

VintageKrug
    Participant

I’m in the garden on a conf call, Pimms in hand, before heading to the country for the weekend.

The sun is shining, so you’re on your own BeckyBoop! Good luck!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I’ve consulted the ‘Krug Translate’ site and it indicates

“This trial was an unmitigated disaster and I am not going to talk about it” 😉

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

esselle – 03/05/2013 12:28 GMT
    Anybody know what happened?

I’m gonna guess this:

BA asked the cabbies to wear hats, the cabbies said no and BA got all huffy and withdrew the offer.

BA’s stellar PR machine then made loads of announcements which only a handful of people out of 62.7 million believed (and still quote to this day) about how BA are best ever ever ever and when anyone says different we shall stick our fingers in our ears and shout LA LA LA LA LA………we might also blow some raspberry’s at you.

In the meantime, over 62 million people discovered better airlines at a cheaper price with better product offering and more convenience.

Then BA had a sale. Then another. And another. And then they had a new sale based on the 1st sale because the 2nd sale didn’t get as well received as the 3rd sale that quarter.

And finally, they ordered more hats.

In lovely boxes.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

esselle
    Participant

Brilliant!!

Nice weekend all. (with or without the Pimms or countryside)

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello AOTG

Should you take Lufthansa’s first class on the FRA-PVG route and it is one of the older B747-400s then, as Senator mentions, you will find the carrier’s unique ‘seat and a bed’ configuration.

No other airline, as far as I know, offers a similar first class configuration.

We wrote about it in 2011. It was very popular news story. There’s a video to accompany it:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/lufthansa-new-first-class

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

AMcWhirter – 03/05/2013 13:48 GMT
    Should you take Lufthansa’s first class on the FRA-PVG route and it is one of the older B747-400s then, as Senator mentions, you will find the carrier’s unique ‘seat and a bed’ configuration.

Thanks very much AMcWhirter, had a nosey and a read and….yes it looks really interesting!

Rgds,
    AOTG.

Senator
    Participant

I want to clarify this a little more to what AMcWhirter writes:

The upgraded aircraft is exactly as is written in the news story. However, the few airframes with the old seat it looks like this:
    http://damhyul3s75yv.cloudfront.net/photos/2991/original_Lufthansa%20First%20Class%20Cabin.jpg?1315667998

The second seat is made into a bed.

The new looks like this:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DaEndqbgimQ/TePS5kpC-kI/AAAAAAAAAB8/j41r2wZSQ1w/s1600/IMG_1926.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls