Lufthansa to launch Limo transfers in UK on First Class Bookings

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

• Anonymous

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Good Afternoon

From next week Lufthansa are introducing chauffeur drive for First class passengers up to 50 miles from the UK airports they operate to. Might also be available on Swiss but talking to a client so didn’t catch that bit.

Hope that info is useful

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

As has been predicted LH are upping the game. This is the first move and the revamped business class is coming.

That will cause AF & BA to up their game or there will be tears before bedtime.

I suspect as usual, LH are not interested in people after discounted tickets for premium products, they seem to manage to sell their premium cabins well enough.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

For those travelling from the regions it is a good benefit. Whether those who travel First from London on BA would be tempted to move is another question. No European carriers have gone this route so far so a good move on Lufthansa’s part. As some argue – the gap between First Class and business class is narrowing in terms of hard product – seat, so the way to differentiate I guess is through the soft offerings such as check in, lounge, security, transfers, concierge and so forth.

Can see AF maybe following suit but I don’t think BA out of LHR will see the need. What would be more interesting for example is if BA offered this on First Class fares originating in Germany or France for example?

openfly
    Participant

LH have an excellent First product. Individuality is paramount. Appreciation of the F status is noticed by all the staff.

I sat next to a high- profile passenger in Club on my BA flight last week. He made some very good points about LH First and Air France Le Premiere….all pointing to quality expectations. He uses Club on BA because their First does not tick the boxes. This is so sad.

JohnHarper
    Participant

The LH first offering is light years ahead of BA in all regards. Just look at the F terminal at FRA.

It’s no surprise that they are going out and out to attract the top of the market but they won’t do that successfully if there is a first and last sector with NEK seats. It seems a no brainer that enhanced C is well on the way. I suspect it will be announced not long after Germanwings take over the non-core routes or at least by the end of the year.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Well actually BA does offer limo transfer for all classes of travel not just F. If you book through BA.com once you have selected your flight you have the options to choose a limo, train or even shared transport service along with hotel, car rental, attractions & theater tickets etc.

http://www.ba.com

esselle
    Participant

BB

Not sure any of the options you mention as being available from BA are complimentry.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

You don’t really believe the hype when any airlines car service is free?

edited

esselle
    Participant

Sorry, you’ve lost me.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

You don’t really believe the hype when any airlines car service is free?

esselle
    Participant

Well, free to the extent that the price is included in the ticket. Thus, you pay no more for using the service (nor do you pay less if you do not).

Hence my comment about BA, where you evidently do.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Flexibility is the key thing here. Even though offering a comp car service is great it is not really suited for all premium pax. For Instance if you have an evening flight and need to leave central late afternoon for LHR will you really want to go by car? Will LH, EK et al give you a discounted ticket if you didn’t want it? for instance say you had your own chauffeur and preffered to be rocked up in your own Phantom than some S-Class, 7 Series or even a Volvo?

esselle
    Participant

The point, surely, is that, if it is offered as part of the deal, you can take it or leave it.

If it is not offered as part of the deal, and you chose to take it, it costs more.

Would not be seen dead in a Phantom.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

At the end of the day not everyone gets the sweetest deal on cheap flights even ones that offer the “free” car, so someone at the end of the day is loosing out.

What car would you prefer?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls