LCY so costly?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

• Ymelord
    Participant

Oh I know all about them(..I use them lots myself… As a Silver card holder, but I don’ t moan when the item I am used to getting FREE is not provided… After all, it’s not as if you have paid for it.)

I just don ‘t see point of them

KeaneJohn
    Participant

YMElord you have obviously not grasped the fact that some people without status HAVE paid extra for benefits that they advertise. Whilst not provided at LCY it would be at LHR or even LGW or ZRH.

LOL what am I doing wrong not to get one of these esteemed £4 vouchers.. would get some porridge and a cup of tea at Pret hehe..

MartynSinclair
    Participant

But you would moan (and strike) if staff travel benefits were removed….

…..especially from LCY…………or indeed any other airport.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

I think Ymelord has a thing against premium business travellers!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

depends what thing exists ?

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

From the comments I read in several threads, I think this person has been around too long and is slightly fed up with the job environment and become less tolerant!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

A frustrated failed leader – perhaps – generically speaking of course!

esselle
    Participant

I have to agree it is a touch sharp of the carriers to offer a lower standard of service to their frequent flyers when using LCY, albeit that the food and drink on offer there seems to have greatly imrpoved of late.

There must be a “per pax” cost they work to for their homebase lounges; a voucher to that value would seem fair.

SwissExPat
    Participant

As I started this post (and am grateful to the comments) I wanted to clarify that I find that it is unusual that Airlines have not sought to provide (in a broad sense) the same level of service to customers, regardless of their boarding point. I say broadly because different locations do offer different challenges.

For example, I flew in F to NRT a few years ago with BA. On my return journey, BA did not offer their own lounge and I had to use the Northwest airlines lounge where there was no section for F passengers. Compared to a F journey starting Atlanta, BA did offer a full and separate lounge for F passengers.

Also since the NRT flight arrived after 1400 into LHR, there was no arrivals lounge facility. Hence I can accept that there will be times when service levels vary.

However, with LCY this seems to be a permanent state of affairs .

My plan is not to use LCY for departures ex London especially if it is personal travel because of this non provision of facilities and the excessive cost of refreshments. Rgds

andystock
    Participant

like lcy as its easy to get to and short check in times but £5 for a beer with no real ale on tap is over the top.

Ymelord
    Participant

Actually /KeaneJohn passengers pay the ticket price for flights to go from A to B… In a certain cabin. The ” extras” you talk about are all added by the Co/airline

As for moaning about ST removal, that’s because, contrary to public gossip and belief we PAY FOR our staff travel.

I am fed up with premium pax… The ones that think because they have paid for a flat bed you can treat people like dirt n expect crew to do EVERYTHING for them….

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Well if that is how you feel Ymelord then maybe now is time to rethink your career plan.

When travelling as a premium passenger I am grateful for the service I get from staff. I feed back the amazing crew on my 2 recent CE flights.

The acknowledgement back said this would be fed back to the staff involved. I hope it does because the staff were genuinely outstanding.

I would hope I’d not be the exception to the rule but in the event that someone is obnoxious to crew I would hope the crew would use the channels they have to prevent this from happening.

I live 10 mins from LCY. Next weekend I am going to Glasgow and I had the choice of flying LCY-EDI and getting the train across or schlepping to LHR and flying direct.. I chose the former option for the convenience and hopefully a bit of nicer scenerary in the journey.

Still doesn’t mean that a coffee and a croissant for a morning flight when travelling on a through Club Europe ticket wouldn’t go amiss.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“As for moaning about ST removal, that’s because, contrary to public gossip and belief we PAY FOR our staff travel.”

sure you do Ymelord, after the discount!!

With regards to your comment:

“expect crew to do EVERYTHING for them….” – sure a passenger does after all that’s what you are paid to do. Why else are you doing what you are doing???

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

KeaneJohn: Wonderful suggestion for Ymelord.

I would also go as far as suggesting to BA that they should send some of their CC to their OW alliance member such as Cathay just to see how the other airlines offer services to passengers in ALL cabins!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

KeaneJohn, my status is Senator/Gold. At Lugano airport the voucher us CHF 4 or about £2.80 so even less than LCY. It just about buys you a tea or coffee.

My mother used to live close to LCY so that was my preffered airport, especially with the DLR extension to Woolwich. Even though fares are slightly more expensive, smaller aircraft and less amenities, I would still choose LCY over LHR or LGW due to convenience and speed.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls