Is BA really THAT bad?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 109 total)

• persiantraveller
    Participant

@Rferguson – QR, EK, and to a lesser extent EY rule Europe-Australia/Pacific traffic now, and I agree, it’s surreal to think about, when most European airlines served that region and were the airlines of choice… just wow.

persiantraveller
    Participant

If you want to try some good vins btw, fly ITA.

FDOS
    Participant

No thanks.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Greg
    Participant

@FaroFlyer I’m surprised that you can present a boarding card without an individual being present. I don’t think the new barriers at some Heathrow gates will allow it. Have you ever experienced any problems ?

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Hi Greg,

This is Ryanair, so not Heathrow. You simply present your own to the agent, then show them the ECS boarding card for them to record the seat occupancy. No problems to date.

Nick Pike
    Participant

Faro Flyer- I’m BA Gold but have just booked Mr Extra Comfort Seat for a Ryanair weekend in Malta from Norwich. I must confess I hadn’t thought to scan “his” boarding card but I will now. Seeking to replicate the BA Club experience minus the food and as Norwich Airport is just 15 minutes away as opposed to LHR or LGW (three/four hours plus) it will be an interesting comparison…

Greg
    Participant

Nick and Faro Flyer, I think this is a great ploy (Mr ECS) but still am surprised that the “number of passengers” does not tally with the “number who physically boarded”, especially if the documents need to be accessed in an emergency.

Nevertheless thanks for the tip. I’ll certainly try it some time.

norbert2008
    Participant

Norwich Ryanair is a great step forward but sadly need Paris, Frankfurt and Manchester back please. Can you let us know how your flight went please?

VRTW
    Participant

Having just flown a round trip ..outbound via Santiago Chile delayed overnight by over 15 hours and homeward from Buenos Aires via Rio….where a crew member proudly stood at the front of the cabin in full view of us customers to inform us that “ Passengers in the aisle were getting in the way of crew performing their duties..no more than two customers were allowed to be standing in the aisles at anyone time…and if there was an emergency they may not be able to help and we could die!” I kid you not.
    On mentioning our concerns to senior crew they simply laughed and said” Well you haven’t died have you,” This does not instil any confidence.

So to answer the lead question… Is BA really THAT bad? ….YES IT IS….fly ABBA…AnyBody But BA

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Greg,
    Sorry, maybe I was not clear. It is so that cabin crew know the number of “occupied” or paid seats. On Ryanair you can get people who buy the cheapest fare and, when FR seat allocation allocates random seats, these people expect others to move around to accommodate them. I refuse, as I paid for seating and, if cabin crew can see on the manifest that the seat is paid for as Mr ECS then they will confirm that I have paid for that ECS seat.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

VRTW,
    Sorry to be pedantic, but shouldn’t that be fly ABBBA?

Nick Pike
    Participant

Norbert 2008- it’s not until June, but i will report back…

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

FaroFlyer – Anybody But British Airways (ABBA).

FaroFlyer
    Participant

BotP,

VRTW wrote AnyBody But BA so ABBBA 🙂

FDOS
    Participant

To get back on topic, I recall many calls to BAEC to chase missing miles/tier point postings – even if it worked, it would several days, if not, it was tortuous to get the flight credited.

I’m sitting in the lounge at CDG, having got off my flight from AUH 54 minutes ago. The flight has already posted to my Flying Blue account.

Yes, BA really is that bad.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 109 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls