Instant Platinum A-Club Status

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

• NTarrant
    Participant

You can of course convert the points to miles/Avios. The only issue with Accor is getting the points added at some locations

LeTigre
    Participant

Points can be converted to Avios so that means whereas you would normally earn about 2.5 points per pound (2 per euro) on the hotels excluding ibis, on platinum you earn 5 per pound so as 4000 points earns you 2000 avios, you need to spend £800 to get 2000 avios. This is not great compared to 8 £100 euro traveller tickets that could get you 8000+- avios.

FinnFlyer
    Participant

and it doesn’t work anymore, says that the given promotion code does not exist….
    And probably if you have taken it (got it), you are stuck with Flying Blue and cannot convert points to Avios…

NTarrant
    Participant

Hengli123, I agree its not that good, but I would rather that than gather points for something I’m not really going to use. It depends on what your aiming for/collecting for. I would use Avios but not Accor points.

syamyael
    Participant

I didn get the instant upgrade. :(. Which member tier flying chinaman? Gold or diamond?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Took them a while to cotton on to the fact this was all over the web.

syamyael
    Participant

Strange. Why I didn’t get mine when I signed up

SimonRowberry
    Participant

I refer to my earlier stated views….

Accor….????!!!!!!

Mind you, have stayed at some great Mercures in France.

Simon

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls